We stopped by a certain person's new house that he is building and there was no one around. I assume that that certain person was at home catching up on this web site. Ray and I will have to get out a couple of big whips and go visit this certain person. ;)

We stopped by a certain person's new house that he is building and there was no one around. I assume that that certain person was at home catching up on this web site. Ray and I will have to get out a couple of big whips and go visit this certain person. ;)

keith, i know that lazy s.o.b. i caught him "relaxing" at the lake house splitting firewood. man, what a deadbeat !!! :rofl:

The cheapest dedicated hosting plan with GoDaddy is $99 per month.
It goes up pretty dramatically from there.

I know that shared hosting is cheaper, and can be fundamentally almost zero "down time", depending on the hosting company.
Again, from GoDaddy, shared hosting can be a little as $5 per month.
(not appropriate for this site)
But, a better package offers unlimited bandwidth and storage, and costs $6 per month.
And they guarantee up time of 99.9%.

Ask me how I know ????
I have been building application software, and web sites, and Managing Development projects and deploying websites for over 40 years.

The cheapest dedicated hosting plan with GoDaddy is $99 per month.
It goes up pretty dramatically from there.

I know that shared hosting is cheaper, and can be fundamentally almost zero "down time", depending on the hosting company.
Again, from GoDaddy, shared hosting can be a little as $5 per month.
(not appropriate for this site)
But, a better package offers unlimited bandwidth and storage, and costs $6 per month.
And they guarantee up time of 99.9%.

Ask me how I know ????
I have been building application software, and web sites, and Managing Development projects and deploying websites for over 40 years.

Firstly avoid godaddy like a puddle on a hot summer morning. You can get significantly cheaper dedicated even up here in Canada. Managed dedicated is obviously costlier but still next to nothing compared to the princely sums godaddy demands for their ala carte services.

Riley if you're still having issues I can probably throw the forums on one of my many servers I have up here so drop me a PM if you're interested. Have plenty of capacity.

No such thing as unlimited anything in life and this applies to hardware so don't fall for the upsells. :)

Nik

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up guys! This site is up most of the time but it really does stink when it stutters for a day or two.

I'll keep you all posted.....if the site is still up! :rofl:

As for faxing in $20, I would prefer it if you faxed at least $100. It would make coloring in the bills worth my time then. :D

If the forum goes down for a few days, it's not the end of the world for me................but if it could be changed, I'd say why not if everything else is equal. Either way, I'd be happy. And I could fax you some of those old school thousand dollar bulls....