****Edit put in by Riley P****

Hi Everyone!

I really respect your opinions on this subject and just want to know what the members on this forum think.

Should there be a minimum post count before you can post in the for sale/wanted section?

For now, due to the size of the forum and the people we have been getting on here, I am going to leave it open to new members but still want to hear opposing sides. Remember, talk with respect, we all have the same passion here.

At a later date, the decision to have a minimum count may change. We just ask that anyone that uses the forum as a classified add also returns to participate in the conversations so we get to know more of our Corvette brothers and sisters in this great nation!

Thanks!

Riley P

**** Back to the original post***********

Riley... Just one of those "forum" type suggestions... I'm only posting it here cause maybe every one else might like to weigh in...

I think that if people are going to use the classifieds or the forum to sell anything that they should at least be a bona-fide member of the forum. I'm not sure how you define that.. 50 posts? member for more than 3 months?

Just my $0.02...

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you sold your car!

As for selling being limited to mature members, I'll let people weigh in, however, my thoughts are that allowing people to use the forum as a classified for Corvettes should create more traffic on the forum and hopefully the people looking to just sell their cars read some of the other posts and then get suckered...oops, I mean, enjoy the other posts on here so much that they want to return and become part of the community. I'm not too concerned about private sales, but if a dealer came on here to sell cars, that would be another thing. If we get like 5 people posting cars for sale on here a day or to the point where it becomes a problem, then I would look at limiting the for sale section.

Your thoughts?

Personally I'd feel much more comfortable knowing the person I'm dealing with at least to some extent.
Familiarity would benefit both buyer and seller to my mind.

If there were a requirement of a length of time on the forum, or post count to qualify for classifieds, that in itself would generate more traffic and members since a minimum time would need to be spent here.

It's not a deal breaker but some credibility sure would help due to the number of scammers/spammers around these days.

From my experience the issue grows with the size of the forum too.

My $.02

I agree with Colin. Promoting site use in order to recieve those privelages accomplishes the same goal. I don't know why someone swooping in just to sell there car would consider sticking around if they weren't a forum member prior to the sale.

IMHO if you register on this forum you should be able to sell from the the get go, a bad seller will be bad regardless of how long they've been a member. I have seen instances (in other forums) where senior members are bad sellers, just exercise due diligence regardless from who you buy from.
Glad you sold your car!

As for selling being limited to mature members, I'll let people weigh in, however, my thoughts are that allowing people to use the forum as a classified for Corvettes should create more traffic on the forum and hopefully the people looking to just sell their cars read some of the other posts and then get suckered...oops, I mean, enjoy the other posts on here so much that they want to return and become part of the community. I'm not too concerned about private sales, but if a dealer came on here to sell cars, that would be another thing. If we get like 5 people posting cars for sale on here a day or to the point where it becomes a problem, then I would look at limiting the for sale section.

Your thoughts?

I've been a member for just over two years, but still have a post count under a 100, yet I check the site at least once a day (more like 3-4 times a day). If there was a post count requirement I would like to see it very low say maybe 20-30 as some of us don't comment every chance we get. What does bug me is the guys who post something for sale as their first post.........no introduction nothing.

I've been a member for just over two years, but still have a post count under a 100, yet I check the site at least once a day (more like 3-4 times a day). If there was a post count requirement I would like to see it very low say maybe 20-30 as some of us don't comment every chance we get. What does bug me is the guys who post something for sale as their first post.........no introduction nothing.

Post count should only be required of members who join recently.
More established members by time would be well known.

Agreed with Mark's point about one's profile being complete.

C.

Good point guys. The only fear about letting people post items for sale off the hop is that people may use this forum as a feeler for what they can get for their cars or parts. However, as stated, people who have been here for a while can do the same thing and I hope people come on here for the love of these cars and the community, not just to make a buck.

Keep the comments coming!

As for myself; Last year while looking to purchase my first corvette, I stumbled upon this site. No I didn't buy my car from anyone here, but it is how I found this site. I did lurk here after this for a time. When I bought my car I did come back to join up...as I have done at a number of other corvette related sites. So I guess if not for the classifieds, I may have never found this place.
As for buying from someone that is well know on this site might be a bit more gratifying; but it is still up to the individual to do his homework. Just because a guy is well know on an inter-web site, he is still a stranger to me.......... I don't trust anyone.
Putting a number on post before adding to the sale list is OK I guess, but I don't see the need for it. To post anything on the site membership is required.....

Just My nickel's worth.

Good point guys. The only fear about letting people post items for sale off the hop is that people may use this forum as a feeler for what they can get for their cars or parts. However, as stated, people who have been here for a while can do the same thing and I hope people come on here for the love of these cars and the community, not just to make a buck.

Keep the comments coming!

Guy's you all have a great choice of opinions but the way Riley see's it, he makes it more welcomming for everybody and he does have a good point when he say's....

( people who have been here for a while can do the same thing and I hope people come on here for the love of these cars and the community, not just to make a buck.)

:canada: