Jun 3, 2016
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray Z51
Province
BC
I know most here do it but with what?

Myself I've been using a Galaxy S7 Edge for a few months now.

Photo__2019-10-21_132707.jpg

It was a hand me down from my gf. Before this i was using a Moto G3, didn't care all too much about high end devices but now that im using one, my opinions have changed :Biggrin:

If anyone wants my wallpaper here it is

20191020_235642~01.jpg

Oof where do I start.

I can probably give you google stats of the most popular.

In my case my main workhorse is a Note 10 Plus at the mo. I don't use Apple anything but do have an iPad pro and iPhone something for testing.

As Nik knows, I have been using a BB Z10 since the beginning of time and other than missing out on most every app ever released, it was a trouble free phone that did everything I asked of it,including 2 days of battery time even after nearly 6 years. But that being said, yesterday it failed a simple pressure test. After not noticing that I dropped my phone while opening my driveway gate, I then drove the rear tire of my truck directly over the face of my beloved Z10...strangely enough, it immediately quit responding to my loving swipes.... So after a run to town, I now have a relatively cheap Pixel 3A which appears to be able to do anything I need it to now that I'm retired... if only I could figure out this frustrating android operating system...

• Sad
Reactions: Dik and Hiroki Soki
As Nik knows, I have been using a BB Z10 since the beginning of time and other than missing out on most every app ever released, it was a trouble free phone that did everything I asked of it,including 2 days of battery time even after nearly 6 years. But that being said, yesterday it failed a simple pressure test. After not noticing that I dropped my phone while opening my driveway gate, I then drove the rear tire of my truck directly over the face of my beloved Z10...strangely enough, it immediately quit responding to my loving swipes.... So after a run to town, I now have a relatively cheap Pixel 3A which appears to be able to do anything I need it to now that I'm retired... if only I could figure out this frustrating android operating system...

No way... Congrats boss. You can now see CCF in colour ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yeah... Hard to believe but I'm finally moving up to 21st century technology... And the bright side is if I stall in the move, I can likely find another Z10 at an antique sale somewhere.... 🤣

The BB Z10 has more computing power than my ACER B1-780 7 inch tablet lol!

As for adjusting to Android, it's a breeze. You'll get it within a week.

Reactions: Dik
Oof where do I start.

I can probably give you google stats of the most popular.

In my case my main workhorse is a Note 10 Plus at the mo. I don't use Apple anything but do have an iPad pro and iPhone something for testing.

Same as what my gf is using. The Note 10+ is pretty sweet!. A serious workhorse in terms of power, huge screen, lots of memory/ram.

Phablet...Part phone part tablet seeing that it is so large.

Same as what my gf is using. The Note 10+ is pretty sweet!. A serious workhorse in terms of power, huge screen, lots of memory/ram.

Phablet...Part phone part tablet seeing that it is so large.

Phablet?? Nah, it would've been 10 years ago. Now it's about the norm. Check out the Samsung Fold for size :)

I do like it a lot though it is a bit of a downgrade from my Note 9 in many ways. Lots of reviews on the subject. I'd be more interested in next year's crop. A lot of OEMs will be putting out some more groundbreaking products compared to this years mediocrity.

For those interested here are the trends in descending order of CCF visitors with mobile devices. Note we do not get models on your iPhones though can probably dig that up.

Apple iPhone
Apple iPad
Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
(not set)
Samsung SM-G960W Galaxy S9
Samsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8
Samsung SM-N950W Galaxy Note8
Samsung SM-G930W8 Galaxy S7
Samsung SM-G973W Galaxy S10
Samsung SM-G955W Galaxy S8+

For those interested here are the trends in descending order of CCF visitors with mobile devices. Note we do not get models on your iPhones though can probably dig that up.

Apple iPhone
Apple iPad
(not set)

So my Pixel 3a doesn't make a descending order list? I feel 😞 neglected...

Apple iPhone
Apple iPad
(not set)

Why does the forum even track this? Seems like a data mining effort to me.....:Confused5:

I'm not saying CCF is data mining, but the creators of the forum software sure seem to have an interest in it if they coded that feature in.

Not that I really care who knows what device I'm using, but I can see where organizations like apple or advertisers might want it and I have no real desire to help them line their pockets any more than they already do.....

Last edited:
Why does the forum even track this? Seems like a data mining effort to me.....:Confused5:

I'm not saying CCF is data mining, but the creators of the forum software sure seem to have an interest in it.

Not that I really care who knows what device I'm using, but I can see where organizations like apple or advertisers might want it and I have no real desire to line thier pockets any more than they already do.....

This is Google analytics that every single website in the world is running to track visitors and traffic patterns. Nothing nefarious is happening. Google has far more data on you than they'll ever care to share with any end user.

We also don't have advertisers per se and we never have nor ever will sell data to anyone.

This is Google analytics that every single website in the world is running to track visitors and traffic patterns. Nothing nefarious is happening. Google has far more data on you than they'll ever care to share with any end user.

We also don't have advertisers per se and we never have nor ever will sell data to anyone.
oh gawd, google again......there's just nowhere to hide from them these days......

Apple iPhone
Apple iPad
(not set)

Huh, mine is a S7 Edge SM G935U

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.