I am a fan of a pile of drying towels. Been using that method for decades. And a Master Blaster to get the water out of the spots that will 'bleed' going down the road right away. Damn water hides in the worst places.

Next life I'm going to moonlight as a GM Corvette engineer and find a cure for the mirror drip run and the taillight water that hides from your towel...:Biggrin:

I’ve always used the two bucket method washing my cars.

What I use:
-2 of the cheapest buckets you can find.( no need to get fancy with these)
-2 chemical guys cyclone dirt trap ( I think these are worth the extra $ because they do a great job trapping the dirt at the buttom)
2-3 wash mitts (you could use 2, but I’d say that’s the minimum. 1 for the top of the car 1 for the middle part of the car and 1 for the buttom)

-ph balance soap ( safe for ceramic coated and waxed cars)

-BDX brake dust remover

-gerbil brush for the wheels

-chemical guys VRP for the tires

-1 microfibre drying towel

-Master blaster for drying the car

-1800psi power washer

- amazon brand Foam canon ( this is very similar to the chemical guys one for $19

How I do it :

-I blast away any lose brake dust from the wheels then spray it with BDX brake dust remover.

-scrub the wheels as the brake dust loosens using my gerbil brush then rinse with power washer.

-spray one side of the car to knock off any lose dirt.

-Using your foam cannon, spray the half you just rinsed and cover it with foam. Give it some time for the foam to grab some of the dirt stuck on the surface then rinse.

- repeat the last 2 steps for the other half of the car.

-fill one bucket up of water for rinsing and the other bucket with water and soap mixture.

-using your “top” wash mitt, dip it in the soapy water and wash the top part of the car make sure to use your rinse bucket to get rid of the dirt stuck in your mitt. Repeat the process with your “middle” mitt and your “buttom” mitt.

-I then rinse the car using just a regular hose spray. ( I find that less water stay on the car so it makes it easier to dry)

-* repeat the last 2 process

- I use the master blaster to blow off water on the surface and every nooks and crannies.

- I walk around the car with a microfibre drying towel in my hand for any spots I may have missed.

- I put VRP on my tires using a microfibre applicator and let it soak for about 15 mins then I wipe the excess off to prevent it from slinging all over your clean paint and it gives your tires a more natural shine rather than them looking like plastic.

C51D60D0-88A2-4C19-BA55-15D4163FF5C4.jpeg

Well I decided to put on a coat af Meguires Ultimate Synthetic Liquid Car Wax........I've forever used Meguires Gold paste wax and I'm so glad I made the change. There are so many crooks and cranny's I can't imagine the hours of extra detailing (wax removal) with a toothbrush to remove the excess wax around side markers, seams etc, not to mention the white residue on the black wheel well extensions! The synthetic wax doesn't leave white on the black parts of the car (door rubbers etc.) and the excess wax is so easy to remove......rather than use a course toothbrush I used my wife's cosmetic makeup brush (very soft) and it effortlessly removed the wax that accumulated where it shouldn't have emblems etc.........ha ha. .....as well the wax comes with a great 1.5' x 1.5' buffing cloth of excellent quality!
IMG_2245.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this too.....I think I like the drying towel better though!

Revised.......I like the Absorber to initially remove the bulk of the water and then finish with the 2 in 1 towel.........but I think I need to buy a Master Blaster to blow off the water that collects in those little crannies! Ha ha

Revised.......I like the Absorber to initially remove the bulk of the water and then finish with the 2 in 1 towel.........but I think I need to buy a Master Blaster to blow off the water that collects in those little crannies! Ha ha

The master blaster works really good but you still need to go over the car with a detail spray to get any residue off from blowing out the nooks and crannies.
Especially if you’re washing outside like us mere mortals. 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread