Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
We’ve seen the C8.R and various photoshopped editions but here she is. The closest bested-est look at an actual C8 in camo of course. Keep in mind the headlights and taillights are likely placeholders. Check out the low, pointy nose, a clear throwback to the C3 Corvette, and the sculpted shoulder line that rises to the rear.
The front bumper air intakes look very similar to those on the current Corvette ZR1, and while the headlights and taillights seen here are clearly just placeholders, the shape of the lights shares a lot with the current ‘Vette.
We’re unsure whether the giant air intake on the side of the car will look exactly like this in production, or if there’s some form of shrouding or camouflage covering the actual opening. What we do know, however, is that this thing will need to flow a massive amount of air to feed and cool the engine sitting behind the passenger compartment.

Updated with video:

Continue reading...

Last edited:
probably get slammed for saying it but I don't like the looks of anything after the C3 and this one is even more ugly. GM should sell alot of front ends parts after this thing hits every bump in the road or man hole cover leaving pieces behind. I wouldn't trade my 82 straight across for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Nik and ddgermann
probably get slammed for saying it but I don't like the looks of anything after the C3 and this one is even more ugly. GM should sell alot of front ends parts after this thing hits every bump in the road or man hole cover leaving pieces behind. I wouldn't trade my 82 straight across for it.

Oh cmon Michael.... Tell us what you really think.... lol.... :p

Actually Eric I just might do that, but give me a week or so , as it depends what the doc tells me on thursday, and what happens on friday as I have a good story with pics to post if things go as planned, and even a shocker for me as far as " after a C3 ", but in short I still think GM has gone down hill with the Vette.

It will surely will take me time to embrace this C8.
So far nothing too exciting for me and I'm not initially
looking forward to cruising behind that back end as it tends to show here.
(I hope the tail lights get better and I do like round exhaust tips)
I also know that following will depend on the c8 Driver as I might not have the choice. :)

Reactions: Bixter44
Not sure how Michael can even compare the C3 to the C8 or even the C7. These were, are now, and going to be all great cars that are at the top of the food chain in N America. The beauty is the choices are there for lovers of all corvette generations. From C1 to C7 are still out there for the taking depending on what your love is in the evolution of corvette. Personally I’ve always loved the C3 but would not give up the tech, performance and comfort of the C7.
All in ones personal perspective I suppose.

I’m excited to finally see the C8 and expect some great new features seriously lacking in the C7. Like a camera based rear view mirror for example. Cadillac has this and its awesome. No more trying to look around people or stuff.
Performance wise I’m sure we will be pleasantly surprised. Price... who knows? But it’s likely going to be a good surprise.
Buying one... not sure the first year model is the one to get due to bugs. Like the 15 and 16 Z06 with the heating issue. Plus the demand will be ZR1ish and that will be plain annoying and expensive.
The 17 Z06 I am driving now is paid for and giving me nothing but pure pleasure. I’ve never had a car I’ve enjoyed even close to this one.
If I continue with this Corvette madness I’m pretty sure I’ll end up in a Z06ish C8 at some point. 😆

If you travel much, you would want more luggage space than that in an Audi R8. Not much in them at all. If your car is a day tripper, that wouldn't matter. They can't think of any other gizmos to add to the present cars, so they are going mid engine. The present cars have pretty close to a 50-50 weight bias so that really doesn't need improving.

Some good points here. Price? Storage space/practicality? Reliability? Improvements to C7 (transmission/back up camera)? I have to say, after a year of trouble free ownership of my C7 Z06/07 with trips from Vancouver to California, Vancouver to Saskatchewan, etc. and 22K km on the odometer, it's really hard to beat this car........ Are there areas for improvement? Yes................there always will be..... I absolutely love my current Vette, as I prepare to mount my studded snow tires for another Saskatchewan winter. One issue I haven't heard mentioned a lot is AWD? If they make this car in an AWD with improved transmission manual shifting....................I can see myself driving a bright yellow version very easily. Super excited to see more content :)

I have to say: the C7 by far is the best looking, best handling, best manufactured, best designed corvette ever; bar none and I have owned: a 79, 96, and 03 previously. Having said that; I enjoyed all my previous cars and had a hell of a lot of fun. I really loved the looks of my 03 in spite of a few annoying quirks. I am on a list to order the new C8 when it is available; however, depending on price, trade-in and wife may end up keeping my C7 which I could live with. I am not getting any younger; so, my preference may be to go for it and order the C8. We shall see?

I have to say: the C7 by far is the best looking, best handling, best manufactured, best designed corvette ever; bar none and I have owned: a 79, 96, and 03 previously. Having said that; I enjoyed all my previous cars and had a hell of a lot of fun. I really loved the looks of my 03 in spite of a few annoying quirks. I am on a list to order the new C8 when it is available; however, depending on price, trade-in and wife may end up keeping my C7 which I could live with. I am not getting any younger; so, my preference may be to go for it and order the C8. We shall see?
Like I said atop Cypress JCWP....spend it now 😉

Some good points here. Price? Storage space/practicality? Reliability? Improvements to C7 (transmission/back up camera)? I have to say, after a year of trouble free ownership of my C7 Z06/07 with trips from Vancouver to California, Vancouver to Saskatchewan, etc. and 22K km on the odometer, it's really hard to beat this car........ Are there areas for improvement? Yes................there always will be..... I absolutely love my current Vette, as I prepare to mount my studded snow tires for another Saskatchewan winter. One issue I haven't heard mentioned a lot is AWD? If they make this car in an AWD with improved transmission manual shifting....................I can see myself driving a bright yellow version very easily. Super excited to see more content :)
The "M" with my A.T. works great - no clutch which is great in this crappy traffic here in B.C. - no standard for this guy: would love the C8 with AWD - rain sensing WWW & blind spot warning etc.

I will miss the manual transmission if it’s not available (which apparently it won’t be) but yes the blind spot tech is a great feature that was unfortunately not in the C7s. A tech upgrade for the Corvette with the C8 is really now overdue. The rain sensing wipers should be standard even though most of us do not drive the cars in the rain. Auto power folding mirrors is another one missing that even basic Mercedes cars have.
It’s pretty exciting to imagine what the cars should have and I’m betting there will be at least a few unexpected tech surprises with the C8 as there was with the C7.

As with everything, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think that each generation corvette has had some technological improvements over the prior generation but I also feel that in order to keep the car affordable GM did not go crazy on the Corvette. I, for one, am very much interested in the C8 and am looking forward to seeing what the car really looks like, not just the exterior but the interior. To me, the C7 still feels a bit cheap on the inside. And as someone mentioned on a prior post, maybe wait a year or two to purchase as there will probably be tinkering with the 1st year production cars.

Reactions: flyboy999
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread