Jaybonn

Casual User
Apr 1, 2016
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z51 Coupe
This is the first day of the New Year that I really, really, really got anxious about being behind the wheel of my 2016 LBR vette. My daily winter vehicle (2011 Honda Odyssey) is such an extreme opposite of what’s hidden under the car cover in my garage. Now and then, particularly when the Ottawa winter weather begins to clear up I can’t help daydreaming being behind the wheel of my roaring 460hp beast. Reality check (shake my head)- lots of snow still remains on the lawns, some icy spots on the roads along with some puddles, salt and gravel being tossed up on the highway. Typical Ottawa winter thaw – hey, there’s no complaining about this past mild and somewhat snowy winter. Shout out to Ottawa vette owners-who will broadcast being the first to have launched their vette for the season???

Hey Jaybonn .....
Hamilton area here shouting out ...
Although I personally haven't had my Corvettes out on the road as yet ....
And I know sitting in them and reminiscing from past memories don't count ...
A few members from the Stoney Creek Corvette Club have them on the road already ....
Sometimes the hunger is just to overpowering ... lol .

I'm really looking forward to that first drive of the season. Today is 10 degrees and sunny and the snow is melting fast.The weekend is to be mild and rainy so hopefully there won't be too much snow left by Monday. I have two Ram trucks, one for work and one for driving so, as those of you who have driven one will know, I get my hp fix from them in the off season. Might not handle as nice but hard to hold those hemi trucks back and they sound awesome.I hope that didn't offend anyone since they're not GM.

No salt but not til the street sweepers and giant vacuums get out there..... And since we're calling for-26 Sunday night, I'm thinking I'll keep those Pilot SS's in where it's warm for another couple weeks... or months........lol....

Reactions: Bowling
I have been lucky to drive mine a fair this winter; unfortunately, we had the worse winter (snow & cold) in 50 years -so, over the last 6 weeks not so much. This week was great until they plastered the roads near me (quite steep) with salt anticipating snow, which never came - next week hopefully after a bit of rain to clean things up. I do not envy our AB CCF members though because the roads there really get peppered with serious sized stones during the winter.

I have been lucky to drive mine a fair this winter; unfortunately, we had the worse winter (snow & cold) in 50 years -so, over the last 6 weeks not so much. This week was great until they plastered the roads near me (quite steep) with salt anticipating snow, which never came - next week hopefully after a bit of rain to clean things up. I do not envy our AB CCF members though because the roads there really get peppered with serious sized stones during the winter.

All I got to say about us Alberta guys is.......

weather.jpg

I have talk to a few Corvette drivers about driving their toy in the winter ....
And was shocked @ their answers ....
2 out of the 4 drivers said this, It is a least so who cares ...
One driver said he order a C7, so he wanted to get some drive time in his C6 ....
The other driver said it is made out of fiber class and it won't rust ....

< speechless >

Lol..... Bucks. I'm not going to judge anyone. Each to their own. But neither of my previous or current Corvette has ever been an everyday back and forth to work driver. Yes. I have taken them to work occasionally but not regularly. If I have my druthers, my Corvette is never taken out in the rain. But yes. I have been caught in the rain. My baby lives in a heated man cave, gets companionship with me every morning and never never has been driven in the winter. Snow or not. And just for icing on the cake, myself and I suspect a large number of members would not knowingly even purchase a Corvette that has been a winter driver. We have diesel F-250's and Rav 4 Toyotas for that.

I do expect a few comments on this post.... lmao... :angelic:

April 28th or 29th just for a couple of hours for my Spring Oil Renew (and airbag software update) ... and then ...

MAY 6th in the Ponoka-bound Caravan from Airdrie (Wendy's) to Red Deer Mile (East A&W) then on to the
5th Annual 2017 Ponoka Meet and Greet

... now how's that for a plug ? :canada:

April 28th or 29th just for a couple of hours for my Spring Oil Renew (and airbag software update) ... and then ...

MAY 6th in the Ponoka-bound Caravan from Airdrie (Wendy's) to Red Deer Mile (East A&W) then on to the
5th Annual 2017 Ponoka Meet and Greet

... now how's that for a plug ? :canada:

Flashing glitter letters next time please... SN.. hehe... JK... good plug...
:smile1:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread