Featured Thread
So today was my first time driving (or riding) in a C7. I know I am late to the party as the C8 is out and about, but forgive an old man the odd indiscretion.

Wow. Holy Shite.Bazzinga.

‘The convertible is quiet top up, and quieter with the roof off than my old C6. The ease of the convertible was equally as nice. The cabin does feel a little “closed in” with the roof up, but with the roof down it’s a pure roadster.

What a lovely motor. My C6 sounded like it was screaming as the revs increased, but this engine wants to rev. Yes it’s break in so our gear changes never exceeded about 3800 rpm. The power band is different than my 2013 as well and this car pulls harder. Let’s not even mention the Andrea Bocelli baritones coming out of the tailpipes in Sport mode. No drone but deep rumble which cracks nicely on the downshift. Speaking of downshifting, let’s talk rev match. Way cool. Nuff said.

The ride in Sport is firm but not harsh. Mother preferred Touring setting. As you might expect we then spent most of the day in Touring setting. Track was harsh.

The tech is superb and put my 2013 to shame. In 6 years (or less) Chevy did themselves proud. My problem is how to make it all work together.

A question that I have yet to resolve in my mind is WTF 7th gear. 1600 RPM in 6th gear at 122 kmh. I am assuming most use 7th as a glorified overdrive. One constant, that will take time is the downshift from 7th to 6th. It likes to slip into 4th. View attachment 39024View attachment 39025View attachment 39026

200 kilometers later and no buyers remorse. It was a gorgeous day.
Great stuff, Al! Outside of driving mine home from the PPF store a couple of weeks ago, The Mrs. and I officially went for our first drive on Sunday. I have nearly the same photo as you posted, leaving my driveway. Pure excitement. Not only was my first C7 drive, it’s my first Vette drive ever!

enter the schoolboy photo!
D2162FCE-C338-490E-9494-E86FCEBEE065.jpeg

Great stuff, Al! Outside of driving mine home from the PPF store a couple of weeks ago, The Mrs. and I officially went for our first drive on Sunday. I have nearly the same photo as you posted, leaving my driveway. Pure excitement. Not only was my first C7 drive, it’s my first Vette drive ever!
That is a big congratulations. Enjoy the season in your first Vette. Priceless!!👍👍

View attachment 39056

Congrats... the first one always is a rush... you gotta work on that smile for us though...lol...jk... congrats on your first drive... Your're hooked now man. :thumbs:

even though U snubbed me. (properly so mind you ) still think it is a nice car
With the greatest of regret, and a heart heavy with remorse, I implore your good nature to find a way to forgiveness. My stating, what we all know to be true, was spoken without consideration of you and the many that are unfortunate enough to live “north”. My insensitivity to your northern challenges was shown in an obscene and callous way. For that I beg your mercies and impeach you to shine the sunshine of your understanding on this poor creature.

The question notwithstanding....

With the greatest of regret, and a heart heavy with remorse, I implore your good nature to find a way to forgiveness. My stating, what we all know to be true, was spoken without consideration of you and the many that are unfortunate enough to live “north”. My insensitivity to your northern challenges was shown in an obscene and callous way. For that I beg your mercies and impeach you to shine the sunshine of your understanding on this poor creature.

The question notwithstanding....
Wow..... You're elected.... :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: OL Yeller
@C SEVEN GS Bob
I understand that your car is still sunbathing in the USA (stuck) like so many others. I know lots of guys that have to bring back cars, you could probably charter an airplane to take you down. Most are wondering when and how. There would be enough for a closed car hauler. Not sure if that is an option.

Air travel to US is available but land travel is restricted both ways to essential only travel.\you could get there but getting back by land may be problematic...

View attachment 39056
You look like you are having fun and congrats. I might add that all the cool kids have a beard. Just sayin...

If the stock shifter feels a bit loose, check on the linkage. If that doesn't solve it, an upgrade to mgw, callaway or hinton shifters is in order. Both the callaway and hinton are very stiff as they use strong springs in their design and require a separate lower box upgrade.

MGW is the cheapest option and while tight and precise, giving a feel akin to a well designed rifle bolt. It has no centering springs inside, but it does come with a lower box in the kit.

7th is more useful on the Z06 and ZR1 cars I find as it has more than sufficient torque at even 1k rpm to move the C7. On the LT1, the torque is higher than your typical 4 cylinder sedan so it is deciving as you are comparing its low end torque to that of its 2k+ torque levels which feels downright non existent. If I try to accelerate in 6th in my wife's elantra @ 100kph, I will be waiting a long time to get any speed. Do the same thing with the LT1 and 7th gear, and you will be in impound territory long before that elantra can hit 120kph.

Reactions: ddgermann
My stock shifter doesn't feel loose on mine. The MGW is a nice upgrade shifter but if my stock shifter felt loose on a brand new car, it would be going back to the dealer first.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread