yeesh... I didn't even know 587 was an AB long distance code!!! Where is that one?

It's AB wide....Telus, in their infinant wisdom, ran out of numbers to quick...basically, any new numbers in the prov now are being assigned 587.

That's why you have to do 10-digit dialing now, because at any point in the prov now, there could be 2 of the same 7-digit #.

It should have been initiated 1999 when 780 was activated for the northern part...but again, Telus doesn't understand the concept of a population boom....and especially with Cell phones selling rapidly at that time...who'd have thought that 60% of the prov population would have both a Cell and a home phone...not to forget about business customers too.....

Last edited:
I've never really been in a car club b4 so I'm just not sure what the benefit is too be honest... Do they have track days or anything that you know of?

:agree: The dates are May 15 to 17. You don't have to be a member of any club to attend, we're not. I'm not knocking the Canadian Council of Corvette Clubs but most of the stuff they're into, I'm not.:D

Sorry, I didn't provide enough information on that last post. Here are more details:

Friday 15 - Evening registration and refreshments.

Saturday 16 - Show'n Sine morning event.
Afternoon rallye planned.
Evening cocktails and buffet.

Sunday 17 - Slalom event (your racing).
More cocktails and evening awards buffet.

I just hit the high notes here, (there are more events on the schedule) my apologies to anybody from the Kelowna Corvette Club for not including them. :canada:

Calgary here,just joined the forum today.Finally a Canadian corvette forum.
Hello to all the great Canadian corvette lovers:
IMG_0406.jpg
[/IMG]

Airdrie here,,,,just joined the forum today.
A Canadian corvette forum. very cool.
Hello to all the Canadian corvette lovers!
Can't wait for the cruizin' meetin' greetin season to start.!.

Sorry, I didn't provide enough information on that last post. Here are more details:

Friday 15 - Evening registration and refreshments.

Saturday 16 - Show'n Sine morning event.
Afternoon rallye planned.
Evening cocktails and buffet.

Sunday 17 - Slalom event (your racing).
More cocktails and evening awards buffet.

I just hit the high notes here, (there are more events on the schedule) my apologies to anybody from the Kelowna Corvette Club for not including them. :canada:

You forgot Monday 18 - My birthday, party, party and more partyin'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.