Jul 27, 2024
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
23 M4 XD + 25 M4 CS
Province
ON
Hello everyone.

I've been monitoring these forums for a little while as I've been lusting after the C8 Z06 ever since it was announced. I've wanted a corvette for well over a decade now.

The thing is, back in 2014, I put down a $1000 deposit for a C7 at Dean Myers (Now defunct). They never delivered so I asked for a refund a few years later. Put a really bitter taste in my mouth. Anyways, fast forward to winter 2021, I decided on a M4 comp XD, took the dealership 16 months to deliver it as I believe they didn't have the allocation but I pestered them enough to keep me on the list and I've been driving my M4 since last April.

Great all around car. Brutal acceleration, excellent handling, playful on the limit, endlessly moddable (Mine is fully stock), and very practical, but it's not as cool as a C8. Mind you, I used it to set a track record at TMP for the fastest stock production car on my very first try on that track with that car:

Toronto Motorsports Park lap times - FastestLaps.com (https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/toronto-motorsports-park)

I tried really hard to get a 992 GT3 RS as soon as it was announced. I had big plans for it. I wanted to go around North America and set as many track records as possible, but Alas, Porsche's exclusive club required purchasing other vehicles before I could "earn" the right to buy an RS, and you know most of those buyers will either flip that car or won't even try to drive that vehicle the way it was designed to. To afraid to put miles on it and de-valuing it. Another bitter taste in mouth.

Anyways, I'm quite technically oriented and having sim raced for 15 years as well as several IRL track incursions, I have developed a very deep understanding of vehicle dynamics, suspension setup, tires, etc. I really want a Z06 and perhaps even a ZR1. Even configured one in advance before registering here:

Vroom vroom

That's the short (or long) of it. Hello everyone :).