Appreciate the input! I'm looking at quotes oever 2k for enclosed from EDM to Van, so maybe I'll drive it back, we'll see
I'd drive it, but be aware of the ECU controlled break in period. The car will NOT let you abuse it for more than a few early miles, before the real power gets uleashed to the owner. Or, so I'm told?

I'd drive it, but be aware of the ECU controlled break in period. The car will NOT let you abuse it for more than a few early miles, before the real power gets uleashed to the owner. Or, so I'm told?
It will allow you to run well over the initial lowered redline, accidentally or deliberately. But know that GM sees everything about the car as it happens. I was notified about tire pressure being low, and that my battery was low. It was stored indoors at the time, and not started for several weeks. My point being, if you ignore their recommended break in procedure, they will know. (I plugged in a battery tender after the notice).

No, torque is somewhat reduced until 500 miles (804 KMS). I didn't notice anything myself except that the red line on the tach moved.
So, there is an on board engine computer setting that prevents the overly agressive use of the engine HP/torque for the first 500 miles? That was my original understanding from reading online, and speaking to an owner last Fall. He said the engine computer prevented self inflicted damage for the break in period.

Same for my Mercedes-Benz based motorhome. Problem with that was, it was driven from Forest City, IA to London, Ontario. 800 miles, and it probably saw cruise control for a few of those miles.

Same for my Mercedes-Benz based motorhome. Problem with that was, it was driven from Forest City, IA to London, Ontario. 800 miles, and it probably saw cruise control for a few of those miles.
I know what you mean. I pick up my C8 on a Friday and then drove it 1400kms home on Saturday. It was neat to see the dash display change after 804kms

Reactions: MKinOntario
So, there is an on board engine computer setting that prevents the overly agressive use of the engine HP/torque for the first 500 miles? That was my original understanding from reading online, and speaking to an owner last Fall. He said the engine computer prevented self inflicted damage for the break in period.
No, it doesn't prevent your right foot from going crazy. I know a guy (Not Naming any names ;) ) that hit the rev limiter by mistake a couple of times during the break in period. The rev limiter is still at 6900 (or whatever), but the red line on the tach shows much lower.

Maybe the indicator looks like you're over the lower break in red line, but the engine doesn't acctually supply the displayed levels of HP/torque, until 500 miles have passed. That's the inference in the article. Since you've actually done this, I'll have to assume there's no hard/fast ceiling on engine perfomance from the get go. Their claim is misleading, IMO. Thanks for the insight.

Maybe the indicator looks like you're over the lower break in red line, but the engine doesn't acctually supply the displayed levels of HP/torque, until 500 miles have passed. That's the inference in the article. Since you've actually done this, I'll have to assume there's no hard/fast ceiling on engine perfomance from the get go. Their claim is misleading, IMO. Thanks for the insight.
Just because I didn't notice doesn't mean the torque isn't reduced. The C8 is slightly more powerful than my modified Camaro was, but there is a difference between a DCT and a stick so it's more likely that I just didn't notice. Tadge wouldn't lie about this sort of thing.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.