I thought you answered your own question at the end of post # 26 . Now I’m not even sure what you’re asking.
What, how is the "clutch" operated? On a bike you use your foot to change gears, but you have a paddle to operate the clutch. It is my understanding that the clutch is operated automatically when the paddle is pulled on those cars, but I'm not sure of it.

What, how is the "clutch" operated? On a bike you use your foot to change gears, but you have a paddle to operate the clutch. It is my understanding that the clutch is operated automatically when the paddle is pulled on those cars, but I'm not sure of it.
Ok . There are two clutch paddles located behind the two shift paddles, both sets wheel mounted. I had been aware of this for some time being an avid long time F1 fan but forgot the exact procedure.
So the clutch must be pulled in to shift the transmission into first gear from neutral and from that point on shifting is the same as the C8 , just pull and it shifts in 50 milliseconds. Single clutch. For launch control both clutch paddles are pulled in with the transmission already in first or second gear depending on available traction and the set launch RPM. Same as the C8 . Sorry for the confusion as I was trying to answer the questions while trying to focus on something else at the same time and my multitasking skills aren’t what they once were. Among other things, lol . I don’t see much conversation on the forum regarding F1 for some reason. But lots of IMSA , NASCAR , and some WEC , which I follow.

OK, so does the driver have to pull both left paddles to downshift or just the top one? etc.
Just the shift paddle. The clutch paddle is only used to shift from neutral, say to pull away from a stop, leaving the pits for an example or to launch the car from the grid at the start when they would have both clutch paddles pulled in . Not sure if they have to pull both to go from neutral to first or just one but something tells me one in that situation. My new Sim wheel has wheel mounted clutch paddles but in the Sims I have been driving they are only used for launch. Not to say in other ones that they aren’t used to leave neutral.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Well that was a painful 37 post read tonight.... I heard rumours today that GM is working on an automatic transmission controlled by Bluetooth. Owners get a Bluetooth chip installed in their brain which will only require you thinking of the next gear. Suppose to cure the problem many people have not knowing their left hand from their right... :rolleyes:

Well that was a painful 37 post read tonight.... I heard rumours today that GM is working on an automatic transmission controlled by Bluetooth. Owners get a Bluetooth chip installed in their brain which will only require you thinking of the next gear. Suppose to cure the problem many people have not knowing their left hand from their right... :rolleyes:
Actually, you won't be awake for the trip. The car will do it all.

omg they use paddle shifters ffs...
So much anger. I did say "I think". I've never driven an F1 car and for some reason I thought I saw them using buttons to shift. Maybe that was a video game.
I have raced in the pro level of the Canadian Superbike Series. So I'm not completely clueless to racing.

Sometimes I get surly rooting through the garbage. Tell us about being a Pro Racer. You mention it a lot but I haven't read any details...
IMG_1967.jpeg

Do you mean like this? lol . ;)