Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Well the fall colours are starting to shine, think it will be a beautiful Southern Ontario Thanksgiving Weekend. Just a quick update on some of the popular highways in Peterborough/Haliburton/Mskoka, there was a great deal of construction this summer but here we go.

Highway 507 from the Buckhorn area to Gooderham is in good shape. Hanging a left from Gooderham to Glammorgan Road towards Haliburton has been repaved with only a few rough spots. At the end turn left and that will take you into the town of Haliburton. Lots of great food, nice fish and chip shop,Hook Line and Sinker down by the lake. Continue on a bit further to a Mobil 1 gas station and just beyond that Tim Hortons.

Come back to town and get on Highway 118 which has been repaved and in nice condition. 118 meets up with Highway 35 at Carnarvon, you can make a choice to go south to Minden or continue on 118 to Muskoka at Bracebridge. All in good shape are right through the heart of fall colours. There are some steep hills where the C8 guys will have to get a run at them so some patience might be required. :Biggrin:

Enjoy your drive watch out for the leaf peepers they are a PIA, visual tip they seem to drive Subarus a lot!!!

Another hint stay away from the Lookout Tower on Highway 35 near Dorset. Nightmare.

Well the fall colours are starting to shine, think it will be a beautiful Southern Ontario Thanksgiving Weekend. Just a quick update on some of the popular highways in Peterborough/Haliburton/Mskoka, there was a great deal of construction this summer but here we go.

Highway 507 from the Buckhorn area to Gooderham is in good shape. Hanging a left from Gooderham to Glammorgan Road towards Haliburton has been repaved with only a few rough spots. At the end turn left and that will take you into the town of Haliburton. Lots of great food, nice fish and chip shop,Hook Line and Sinker down by the lake. Continue on a bit further to a Mobil 1 gas station and just beyond that Tim Hortons.

Come back to town and get on Highway 118 which has been repaved and in nice condition. 118 meets up with Highway 35 at Carnarvon, you can make a choice to go south to Minden or continue on 118 to Muskoka at Bracebridge. All in good shape are right through the heart of fall colours. There are some steep hills where the C8 guys will have to get a run at them so some patience might be required. :Biggrin:

Enjoy your drive watch out for the leaf peepers they are a PIA, visual tip they seem to drive Subarus a lot!!!

Another hint stay away from the Lookout Tower on Highway 35 near Dorset. Nightmare.

Address so that I can stop by for a beer...

• Clever
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I've been to Murray's. He was able to wrangle me back into my car and point me in the right direction...
I wish the smart ass mods would quit using first names! Wrong Murray I believe

I've met Black (Murray) but can only guess what 20c8 could look like. :rofl:

dogvette.png

• Winner
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
If you can hit these roads Monday thru Thursday you will enjoy them way more. Traffic on weekends is bonkers when the city folk head to the cottage. Living just outside of Bobcaygeon I typically head out at 10 and back by 4 if possible and it's pretty darn sweet, option 2 on weekends, hit the road on motorcycle or c8 by 7 am back by 11.30 and I can truly enjoy a spirited ride whilst the cottagers sleep off their Friday night pops!

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.