Relax, The rich don't become rich by not being flamboyant! We all are concerned with our finances, or should be.
Thank you Murray and ,,, DAL,, as I posted its a 2019,, therefore a C7, not C8,,, The question was not aimed at affordability,, it was aimed at paying a " fair" price,,, happy to report went to Champion Motors in Scarborough, great crew, and fair price,, and established a relationship for future maintenance, mods, etc. They specialize in Vettes only..

Reactions: Murray20c8
If you are concerned with the cost of an oil change you should consider trading the C8 for something less expensive and apply your savings to maintenance of that car.
Relax!!!! What' the harm in looking for a fair price for ANYTHING!! Lots of crooked people of there these days! If you have that kind of $$ to just throw around, you'd be driving a Lambo, not a Vette....

Reactions: Bixter44
Hello everyone,, first oil change coming up, 15% life, just under 10k, 2019 base stingray. What is a fair price for oil change? Dealer quoting "around $ 250" they said.
I dont have the time to DIY, so I am asking what you fellows would consider a " fair" price. Location Toronto, GTA
ANY replies are always appreciated.
I paid $250 for my 2015 Z51. It has a dry sump and requires 9 litres of Mobil1. They hose you on the price of the oil. For a base, $250 sounds high.

Hello everyone,, first oil change coming up, 15% life, just under 10k, 2019 base stingray. What is a fair price for oil change? Dealer quoting "around $ 250" they said.
I dont have the time to DIY, so I am asking what you fellows would consider a " fair" price. Location Toronto, GTA
ANY replies are always appreciated.
Talk to your dealer or a dealer. I supply the oil (Mobil1 Dexos) and my dealer supplies the filter and changes the oil and does the maintenance check. Cost to me is $45.

Talk to your dealer or a dealer. I supply the oil (Mobil1 Dexos) and my dealer supplies the filter and changes the oil and does the maintenance check. Cost to me is $45.
I also supply my oil + a K&N filter. I’m paying $60. + tax. At $45., you’re getting a good deal. In NO, we pay more for anything.

Buy a set of ramps, a filter, 8 litres of oil. Back car onto ramps. Remove oil drain plug. Remove oil filter. Drain oil. Install new filter. Put drain plug back in. Refill oil. Check level. Drive to Fat Burger. Recheck oil level. Enjoy lunch. Total cost including lunch, $120.
Just cuz some of us have a shop and shitload of tools, doesn't mean everyone does. Wrenching isn't his thing. Big deal. But if I could get someone to do the job with my oil for $45 like Eric does, I wouldn't bother getting the ramps out. That's a hell of a deal.

Just cuz some of us have a shop and shitload of tools, doesn't mean everyone does. Wrenching isn't his thing. Big deal. But if I could get someone to do the job with my oil for $45 like Eric does, I wouldn't bother getting the ramps out. That's a hell of a deal.
By a shitload of tools you mean a wrench? By a shop you mean a driveway? Changing oil isn‘t wrenching, at least not by my definition. Time? I can change oil on my C8 at home in less time that it will take most people to drive to the dealership and, as an added bonus, no wash bay Nascar wannabe is given the keys to my car

Each to their own.

By a shitload of tools you mean a wrench? By a shop you mean a driveway? Changing oil isn‘t wrenching, at least not by my definition. Time? I can change oil on my C8 at home in less time that it will take most people to drive to the dealership and, as an added bonus, no wash bay Nascar wannabe is given the keys to my car

Each to their own.
You ae so busy patting yourself on the back you missed my point there superstar. Not everyone can spin wrenches. Not everyone wants to. And his question at the start of this thread was a valid one. Has to be some Corvette tax added to have a $250 oil change. Oh and Al, twice is never enough. Maybe just one more time, for those that might have missed it, explain how fast your can do an oil change. .

You ae so busy patting yourself on the back you missed my point there superstar. Not everyone can spin wrenches. Not everyone wants to. And his question at the start of this thread was a valid one. Has to be some Corvette tax added to have a $250 oil change. Oh and Al, twice is never enough. Maybe just one more time, for those that might have missed it, explain how fast your can do an oil change. .
You quoted my post. I responded. Thanks for playing....

For my Grand Sport I buy two 4.73 l jugs Mobil 1 at Crappy Tire when it is on sale and leave on my shelf in the garage for later. I was fortunate the last time I bought because they had a package deal including an extra 946 ml for around $45 all with Dexos. However, watch what oil is on the CTC shelf. My local store has 3 different types of Mobil 1 oil for sale on the shelf but none of those say Dexos. They keep the good stuff in the back of the parts department so watch the labelling, it is not all that it appears to be. Not all Mobil one has Dexos and the NHL logo besides.

I completely understand the “no time for DIY” so I would invest time into phoning multiple dealerships. Many where I am let me bring my own Mobil 1 (which I stock buy when on sale) and filter (that I bulk buy discounted from a GM dealer online). Then all I am shopping around for is a corvette dealer to perform the service. This works for me in both AB and in NB.
So, if posible, shop multiple dealers for pricing and inquire if the quoted price includes unecessary up-charges (like to rotate tires and check brakes and signal lights and whatnot). Dealers love selling these unneeded inclusive packages.
My bring oil and filter labour bills are variable from a low of $29.95 +15%(NB) tax to $74.95 +5%(AB) tax. 9.4l Mobil 1 & filter adds about $90. So, I am not paying $250-$300. I have quickjacks to use but when needing to do much more than just an oil renew on both c7 z51’s.

Last edited:
For my Grand Sport I buy two 4.73 l jugs Mobil 1 at Crappy Tire when it is on sale and leave on my shelf in the garage for later. I was fortunate the last time I bought because they had a package deal including an extra 946 ml for around $45 all with Dexos. However, watch what oil is on the CTC shelf. My local store has 3 different types of Mobil 1 oil for sale on the shelf but none of those say Dexos. They keep the good stuff in the back of the parts department so watch the labelling, it is not all that it appears to be. Not all Mobil one has Dexos and the NHL logo besides.
It just so happens Mobil 1 5W30 is on sale now at C.T. (at least at my store). I bought 4.73L of ESP Dexos 2 5w30 for $35.99 on Thursday

My 2 cents, if you like to wrench do it yourself.
If not dish out $300.
I personally like to work on cars. I do about 6 cars every fall as friends come over for a 3 hour oil change, lmao , yup. That’s what I built the garage for.
Some of the guys through a few bucks in the pot. All bring oil and filter. Some do the change themselves,I just sit and talk.
Friendships and corvettes.
Don’t really save any money, cost of barn, hoist and all tools. Priceless.

My 2 cents, if you like to wrench do it yourself.
If not dish out $300.
I personally like to work on cars. I do about 6 cars every fall as friends come over for a 3 hour oil change, lmao , yup. That’s what I built the garage for.
Some of the guys through a few bucks in the pot. All bring oil and filter. Some do the change themselves,I just sit and talk.
Friendships and corvettes.
Don’t really save any money, cost of barn, hoist and all tools. Priceless.
I have yet to encounter a dealership that offers cold beer with an oil change , lol .

I think I'd be more concerned about the oil being changed on the "time factor"
Forget what the mileage says. Do it at least once a year for peace of mind.
My 2 cents
Time has very little to do with how oil gets dirty or accepts moisture. Running the engine through hot cold cycles is what really promotes contaminants in the oil. Yes, over time oil sitting in an open can will absorb moisture, but that takes significant more time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.