I just found this thread, so I'll add mine if you don't mind. My good friend, Mac (a RCMP Sgt.) flew in from Vancouver for the first-fire of the 502. That's him behind the wheel in this video.

SPEAKERS UP and CLICK ME

The complete car project was several weeks away from completion at this point, but first-fire always gives you the boost you need to complete the task. ;)

LOUD! That's like how my Chevelle sounds uncorked (but probably not as loud as your car). More like explosions than exhaust noise. Sweet! Did you have goose bumps on the fire-up?

The Borlas actually sound pretty good. The new Corvettes will never sound like the old stuff though as GM changed the firing order in 97 with the introduction of the LS1. You just have to make the new stuff sound as good. I would be interested to hear the Flow Master exhaust.

I didn't know that...

I had a used 2000 Camaro SS conv, in 2010 from Arizona... It had LS1 with LS6 heads and intake big cam stainless headers and fast cats, and Dynomax bullet muffler.. Tuned @ Texas Motorsports... It was bad ass fast, and idled like a 427-425... Car would stay on the highway to 5000 in each gear (stick) car would pull 7000 per gear if you had the stones.... wife would not drive it or in it...:(

OK.

Here are the Corsa Sports with LG Street Series Headers. Yes, the engine was warm before doing this--not a cold start at all. I think it sounds bad-ass, and I am not sure the iPad did it justice.

What do you think?

I liked the sound of the cold start before, which I should have filmed. I never had an iPad before the car went into the speedshop, so no "before" video either. Maybe it needs a cam.........LOL.....

Cheers,

Vince.

Hey cool, Vince......great post and vid. I can imagine that bad boy at 'full song'. -- I've heard other Corsas lately (at Manny's) and like them.
A Cam sounds like a good next mod .... you got the intake yet? :D

C.

Hey cool, Vince......great post and vid. I can imagine that bad boy at 'full song'. -- I've heard other Corsas lately (at Manny's) and like them.
A Cam sounds like a good next mod .... you got the intake yet? :D

C.

No intake yet. Maybe one day, but I'm tapped-out again for a little while.:(

I like how the pipes were still smoking after I shut the car off...........

Thanks for the gear Manny--and all the advice about ceramic-coating! I wish I lived closer for the install............

Last edited:
No intake yet. Maybe one day, but I'm tapped-out again for a little while.:(

I like how the pipes were still smoking after I shut the car off...........

Thanks for the gear Manny--and all the advice about ceramic-coating! I wish I lived closer for the install............

"Tapped" lol, I know the feeling :rolleyes: .......I'm gonna 'pass the hat' soon -- you want in? :D

The pipes should stop smoking soon -- It's just some remnant of the ceramic coating process burning off.

Did you coat the whole system or just the headers for under hood temp control?

C.

Just the headers, but kind of wish I did the x-pipe as well. The console gets warm when I am driving. I'm gone for a few weeks, but will surely try to get some pics of the install when I get back. The look inside the compartment is a lot nicer than the stock manifolds.......

Anyone know what the old mufflers might be worth? The old cats are shot, and I figured the manifolds and h-pipe weren't worth anything.

It's a blessing that I am gone--it will keep me off the roads for the main part of gravel season.

Maybe all these weeks of travel will provide some more money for mods, uses will see. I'm happy this year if that's all it is though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.