xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Hey everyone.

How much is a fair price to pay for install of my headers, mid-pipe, and x-pipe? It's not a long job, but it will also require a tune. A place in Calgary (not to be named) quoted me $800 for install, and another $600 for the tune. I think this is absurd.

I'm going to look into getting it done at Horsepower Solutions in Edmonton, but what's a fair price for getting both done? What if I also bring in a cat-back system at the same time?

I know there's a couple people from Ponoka on here. Anywhere else you guys recommend?

Thanks all. I dodn't want to get fleeced before I pull the trigger.:eek:

I know I can count on your input.............

:canada:

Hey everyone.

How much is a fair price to pay for install of my headers, mid-pipe, and x-pipe? It's not a long job, but it will also require a tune. A place in Calgary (not to be named) quoted me $800 for install, and another $600 for the tune. I think this is absurd.

I'm going to look into getting it done at Horsepower Solutions in Edmonton, but what's a fair price for getting both done? What if I also bring in a cat-back system at the same time?

I know there's a couple people from Ponoka on here. Anywhere else you guys recommend?

Thanks all. I dodn't want to get fleeced before I pull the trigger.:eek:

I know I can count on your input.............

:canada:

That nuts , $800 for install :rofl:
We charge $450 for install and and $500 for the tune which includes both dyno and street tuning .

Manny Dasilva
Dasilvamotorsports
416-389-6142

That nuts , $800 for install :rofl:
We charge $450 for install and and $500 for the tune which includes both dyno and street tuning .

Manny, how many hours to install on a 2005 manual? they thought it was 8-hours. They also wanted between $650 and $800 for the tune. I think I'll see if there's more options......

Manny, how many hours to install on a 2005 manual? they thought it was 8-hours. They also wanted between $650 and $800 for the tune. I think I'll see if there's more options......

Install , should not be more than 4 hours , and thats if your a rookie

A tuning licence is $130
1 hour on a dyno is $100
Time to tune around 1.5 hours = $220

$550 is the going rate most anywhere .

Somebody is tring to rip you off .

Hell for that much , you could fly me out and I would tune it .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.