I love the garage pics guys!

It doesn't matter how big a garage is.... it's always too small.

lotsofroom1.jpg

You can always pull fuse #42 in the fuse box under the hood. This leaves the exhaust open all the time except when in Eco mode on the highway when it drops to 4 cylinders. There are two sets of valves, The first set is for economy mode and will close when cruising on the highway in 4 cylinder mode, fuse 42 controls the second set.

Reactions: HardyZ06
I don't think the Z06 came with AFM valves, and I've also read the newer ('16+) M7 cars didn't get the AFM valves. Google will say for sure...

Sorry about not clarifying...
I was referring to the NPP valves, not the AFM valves.
The ZO6 does not have AFM valves but it does have NPP valves.
Pulling fuse 42 will disable the NPP valves

My car sometimes does this in 3rd where it goes quiet and then reopens at just under 2500rpm or so. I will shift to 4th and they pop open again. It is a nuance that i don't want my dealer figuring out lol...i will live with it rather than them mess around with it trying to uhh, "duplicate" the issue

Reactions: ddgermann
Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly but the Stingray at least, is designed to quiet down when the revs subside in all modes except track. As stated above, pull fuse #42 and the valves will stay open all the time...

My car sometimes does this in 3rd where it goes quiet and then reopens at just under 2500rpm or so. I will shift to 4th and they pop open again. It is a nuance that i don't want my dealer figuring out lol...i will live with it rather than them mess around with it trying to uhh, "duplicate" the issue

Yes this is normal. All 3 of my Z06s did and do this. All manual transmissions. @lupo Even the 13Z with the Mild to Wild did it. Which otherwise works great. Definitely a good add on.
Kind of annoying but when it happens, I just look around at all the crap cars around me; drop a gear and get over it instantly.

There was a thread about this in the last year and it was pretty well explained. No idea where to find it now though. :Biggrin:

I just picked up an 18 Z06 M7 and the sound management system is always set to track. It does exactly what yours does in 3rd gear but only sometimes. If you switch to 4th and down shift back to 3rd it reopens the valves. It's so weird. It only does this in 3rd gear....... this cant be normal?

Can anyone tell me what would be the difference between pulling fuse # 42 vs. having the sound management always set to track?

I just picked up an 18 Z06 M7 and the sound management system is always set to track. It does exactly what yours does in 3rd gear but only sometimes. If you switch to 4th and down shift back to 3rd it reopens the valves. It's so weird. It only does this in 3rd gear....... this cant be normal?

Can anyone tell me what would be the difference between pulling fuse # 42 vs. having the sound management always set to track?

If you pull the fuse the valves are always open

Ok in track mode they are basically always open though? Start up. There open. Underload in first gear they appear to be open even below 2500 rpms? When are they closed in track mode?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.