I am leaving mine stock, but has anyone tried the MBRP system? The only reason that I ask is that its built in Canada so you arent dealing with cross border shipping and currency fluctuations.
And shipping costs. I've ordered a few things from Paragon Performance: takes forever to get here, of course the USD, and then cost of shipping which is crazy. MBRP? There was a 2021 coupe for sale at my local dealer. It had round pipes with black tips - looked awesome. Rep didn't know what exhaust was on it though.

And shipping costs. I've ordered a few things from Paragon Performance: takes forever to get here, of course the USD, and then cost of shipping which is crazy. MBRP? There was a 2021 coupe for sale at my local dealer. It had round pipes with black tips - looked awesome. Rep didn't know what exhaust was on it though.
Here is a clip of the MBRP system. They are made in Huntsville ON and will install on site.

I’ve got the FabSpeed on mine and let me say this… The videos and even the factory videos do it no justice. It’s so much nicer sounding than I expected. Not just louder , it’s the exhaust note. Pure music to the ear. Great in tour or sport. In fact it’s my favourite thing about the car. Inside the car levels are great. Outside, I may have given a few scares to a few people when it pops on the upshift shift on a hard pull. If you forget and cold start it in sport or track it’s going to be loud though. It’s way above the $3000.00 line. I don’t think you can do an exhaust system, Sport cats, and install for three grand. Plus there’s shipping and taxes. You might get lucky and find somebody converting back to stock, and selling their system. You will get what you pay for in this area. Don’t forget that. You don’t want a set up that drones, has a harsh or odd tone etc.
So glad I read your review on your Fabspeed sport cats. I was convinced that come next season, I was going to do a catback setup from the likes of Borla, Corsa or Fabspeed. Borla has such a rich history in doing exhausts, I had one on my Nissan 300Z back in the days, and the Ferarri guys in the club also had on theirs. Their R&D is top notch. And of course Fabspeed is king for the exotics, so you know that experience will trickle down into the C8 product offering.

I never was a guy who liked to change other exhaust parts like cats and headers, just never really saw the benefit to doing so unless you are chasing the numbers on the track. However, coming back from a huge indoor car show (which my C8 was a part of), and another C8 owner met up with me to let me see and hear all of his mods, including his sport cats (Soul Performance) and headers. He still had the NPP back end, and said he did not want to change it because the sport cats gave just enough bark and bite without going too far to annoy the wife, as she did not like it when the exhaust was too loud (think obnoxious levels).

I fell in love with the sound, and loved the idea of just swapping out the cats without tossing away the NPP and chancing future trouble with the valves throwing codes and so on. I am really sold on the idea of going Fabspeed, but it is pricey. Your review just gave me more incentive to spend that extra coin at some point next year :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Movie Muscle
So glad I read your review on your Fabspeed sport cats. I was convinced that come next season, I was going to do a catback setup from the likes of Borla, Corsa or Fabspeed. Borla has such a rich history in doing exhausts, I had one on my Nissan 300Z back in the days, and the Ferarri guys in the club also had on theirs. Their R&D is top notch. And of course Fabspeed is king for the exotics, so you know that experience will trickle down into the C8 product offering.

I never was a guy who liked to change other exhaust parts like cats and headers, just never really saw the benefit to doing so unless you are chasing the numbers on the track. However, coming back from a huge indoor car show (which my C8 was a part of), and another C8 owner met up with me to let me see and hear all of his mods, including his sport cats (Soul Performance) and headers. He still had the NPP back end, and said he did not want to change it because the sport cats gave just enough bark and bite without going too far to annoy the wife, as she did not like it when the exhaust was too loud (think obnoxious levels).

I fell in love with the sound, and loved the idea of just swapping out the cats without tossing away the NPP and chancing future trouble with the valves throwing codes and so on. I am really sold on the idea of going Fabspeed, but it is pricey. Your review just gave me more incentive to spend that extra coin at some point next year :)
Went on line and listened to Fabspeed product which was great. It says you lose NPP function:
1693243396829.png

Yeah. Sure. I thought you said you were an enthusiast? Slap another fart can on your JDM machine...
but I am trying to copy your similarly installed “mod” my mentor Obiwan, just something a little higher end. The fart can I just ordered for my son’s Miata, once installed will make sure he comes down with me for the next ON show and will come rev it in front of your place

Attachments

• IMG_5299.jpeg
    IMG_5299.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.