I have been known to defer gratification especially with the wife

err I mean the wife and I have deferred gratification

I mean

The money is not there for all of my wants and desires. ; < )

sent all the money to complete the transaction last week,

10 minutes ago the Alberta dealer just disclosed it has over 1000 kms on it where their staff took it to shows this past year and the Alberta dealership nicely offered me 500 bucks off any additional warranty they offer

what a joke I paid 1900 for a 3300 dollar Toyota warranty 6 months ago so I was about to be screwed

asked for my money back we shall see perhaps I will need to sue to get my 61 g back that is why I try to be face to face with them cause when things go sideways for the STEALERSHIPS trying to always screw U

U just walk away with all your money intact

the car better not be on the way to I may drive a 1 ton through their front door tomorrow

Jeff

Reactions: ddgermann
That sucks Jeff, Hopefully you won' have any problem getting the money back without a fight. Mind you a good fight would give you something to do..
Good luck either way it goes.

sent all the money to complete the transaction last week,

10 minutes ago the Alberta dealer just disclosed it has over 1000 kms on it where their staff took it to shows this past year and the Alberta dealership nicely offered me 500 bucks off any additional warranty they offer

what a joke I paid 1900 for a 3300 dollar Toyota warranty 6 months ago so I was about to be screwed

asked for my money back we shall see perhaps I will need to sue to get my 61 g back that is why I try to be face to face with them cause when things go sideways for the STEALERSHIPS trying to always screw U

U just walk away with all your money intact

the car better not be on the way to I may drive a 1 ton through their front door tomorrow

Jeff

Ouch... That was nasty of them Jeff. I would be piss'd as well. Definitely money back or a real good discount.... 500 bucks just doesn't come close.... Good luck.

Wait a minute .... they asked for payment without a signed Offer to Purchase / Bill of Sale? Kms are suppose to be on that ...
I hope it wasn't something overlooked. It should have been disclosed on the documents upon payment and I am surprised by that.
I would also think there would be a delivery inspection clause as well.
This appears to have twists that I would not even be aware of ....

... and GM apparently doesn't see 1000km as demo-pricing either (I think that's 7500km)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
just got off the phone with Chris they R sending my money back in full.

they put the car in storage and when the transport was to pick it up they were then told it has 1000 kms on it and emailed me.

dealer to dealer discussions R taking place and th Alberta dealer does not think they will have any trouble getting their money back either

will sleep once the money is back in my bank

Face to face is the only way to go

Jeff

on the bill of sale the kms is. XX. Out.

no mileage was given when I signed it and sent a email photograph back of a signed bill of sale

Jeff

I expect they will counter offer with $3000 or so off and you say... “naaa. $5000 would get my attention”.
That’s some shady stuff there Jeff. There is now 2 more dealerships on your blacklist.

Hello... W5?

Ya ... I know those X's Jeff ...
I fly it at our Family Retreat on the shore of Pigeon Lake during the Summer.
IMG_2851.JPG
Yup this is the actual photo of it

It sounds like your Alberta Dealership will perform due diligence​

Last edited:
I never settle for less...... This annoys Americans. I financed a 2015 Ford F150. I get 0% because I've had a few Fords and Lincoln Navigator for awhile..... I drove it two years. Paid it off past April. Sold it too a guy in Arizona. $28k US. So with exchange, etc. I drove the truck for basically free..... I bought a 2018 a week ago. Same deal I'm hoping. I got my first license in 1988. In 1989 my Dad bought me a Miata first delivery is BC for the 1990 model year..... That spring. Drove down to Arizona. My dad was working there part time. Was going to buy an 1984 Corvette cause by 1990, they where the cheapest of the C4 Vette. Settled on a 1985 instead. Sold the Miata to partially pay for the upgrade! Sold it my mothers best friends brothers...... He ended up buying the Vette too in 1991/2 time frame. He still has my Vette now. I know want an 1988 to 1990 C4. I should have sold the Miata first, while it was still a top seller car. I could have swung for a near new Vette or even new one here. So my car buying is always buy the best you can afford. I would even consider a 1984 C4 if it was a total trailer Queen. I've low miles mint ones for under $8k Canadian. Id rather have reasonable miles and near perfect car over buying better newer Vette's, etc..... I no longer look at make and models. I look for the best condition for the money now.............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread