This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Eray vs Z06 and why I went Eray!

Out on the track a lot, are you?
I'm just curious as to when and where you are when making that definition between "a bit more power than the Stingray" and "something that scares me".

Out on the track a lot, are you?
I'm just curious as to when and where you are when making that definition between "a bit more power than the Stingray" and "something that scares me".

Guess it depends on what you define as "a lot". I used to race amateur bikes in a cup series and heavyweight twins. I was out on the track about 2-3 weekends a month when I was doing that, and considered that a lot. Now, I am on the track maybe 4 times a year if I'm lucky to find the time.

The Eray has the same engine as the Stringray, and is assisted with a 160hp motor. So ya, it has a bit more power to hammer it down a straight line, and yes, it's quicker to 60 than a Z06.

Put the Eray on a track like VIR, and it's 7 seconds a lap slower than Z06. That is when 0-60 times mean nothing, and when a variety of road conditions and challenges come into play.

Best of luck to you out on the VIR (whatever that is).
Most of us live in the real world.

Best of luck to you out on the VIR (whatever that is).
Most of us live in the real world.
As explained, VIR is a road course track. Tracks are quite real world, and perhaps the only place you can experience 50% of what these cars can do.

To each their own. Some people are happy doing launch control from stop light to stop light. I like to drive the snot out of my stuff, and the only place I can do that is the track.

@DW Ruby love the Eray passion.

I’m happy we all have cars that we enjoy and have a community forum to discuss and have some fun with each other.

PS heading out for a drive in my Z06

Z06 is certainly in a league of its own, also fits a certain niche.
The conviction expressed in your statement truly exemplifies my previous arguments.
Yes, the Z06 is a great car, and should anyone consider 'tracking' at a very serious level, they should definitely purchase one.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Per the Original post:

"6. Track capable (if you want) - I plan on taking my eray to the track and frankly the AWD should be a valuable attribute. Should I be lucky enough to spar with a Z06 I think it will come down to the driver. Both cars should be very close with the edge given to the Z06 for straight aways."

Maybe for the couple of laps while the battery is charged. You will have a very hard time completing a track day with multiple sessions trying to manage the battery charge.
Stop light racing, high way on ramps will be fun.
The Z06 is far superior for track days

For us who live in the real world of owning corvettes and track them know what VIR (Virginia International Raceway).
A little closer is Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Bowmanville, the track days there offer instructors that can assist with navigating around the track fast. I think the last time I did this it cost around $800 for the complete day with DriveTeq.ca.

A little more low key is Toronto Motorsports Park in Cayuga, its a old air port converted into a track. Fun, short and inexpensive.

Reactions: KTJF
Were I so inclined to 'track' my E-Ray, everything I have read/heard leads me to believe that the regenerative characteristics of the battery design will carry one through.

As for "far superior for track days", I highly doubt it.
I fully agree with the originator of the post in that it would come down to the driver, rather than the car.

Regardless, this entire effort on my part to have some (certainly not all) Z06 'enthusiasts' take their blinders off has proven futile.
Enjoy your car - I know I certainly enjoy mine.

DW I'm curious how often do you do full 0-60 launch control sprints, I do them almost every drive and think it's the only thing that would excite me temporarily about an ERAY

Is launch RPM and Slip % adjustable on ERAY or locked in like Stingray

Attachments

Reactions: TCinthe6
DW I'm curious how often do you do full 0-60 launch control sprints, I do them almost every drive and think it's the only thing that would excite me temporarily about an ERAY

As far as I am aware, the launch control on the E-Ray is identical to that of the Z06.
In all honesty, I haven't bothered trying it out yet.

The launch control on the E-Ray is the same as the Z06
So you brag about being faster to 60 than a Z car but haven't done a launch? Hmmm
First and foremost, I have never bragged about anything - I've merely questioned why some (certainly not all) Z06 owners continuously attempt to downplay the virtues of an E-Ray.
No, I have never done a launch - I was unaware that this was a pre-requisite to ownership.
In the interest of full transparency, I hereby admit that I have also never driven on stealth mode (further than the end of my driveway), or done donuts in the snow.

Send Pics!!! Would love to see it!

This video is exactly what I have been saying. The emotions are Z06, the smarts are the ERay but the SR is the sweet heart of the range. The SR allows you to enjoy the full bandwidth of the car going to the grocery store\cruising. The Z06 is in its glory when coming on\off ramps\track where it can stretch its legs and the Eray is the smart daily drive for year round driving and touring. For me, being a non daily driver, the Z06 is the one. I am still on the fence for the ZR1....It may be too fast to enjoy anywhere.

I have driven the 992.1 911 Turbo S (including a techart edition), the Taycan Turbo S and they felt too quick and less fun that the 992.1 911 GTS or GT3 (Haven't driven the RS), the Taycan GTS was the sweet spot for me.