Hi there.

This is my first post. Please let me know if there is any protocols.

Installing a Edelbrock 2701. Does anyone know of the part required for the throttle adaptor v bracket.

Thanks

The only protocol is a little introduction and definitely some pictures of your Corvette.

Welcome.

I would do a little more research before installing a 2701. If you have a stock setup the Edelbrock website says it will not fit under the stock Corvette hood. The Edelbrock Performer 2101 will fit the Corvette hood.

Cheers, Welcome and pictures would be nice.

Pictures upload... yes something I still have to do myself.
No time like the present to start.

My 78...
1978.jpg

Attachments

• Corvette.jpg
    Corvette.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 57
I would do a little more research before installing a 2701. If you have a stock setup the Edelbrock website says it will not fit under the stock Corvette hood. The Edelbrock Performer 2101 will fit the Corvette hood.

Cheers, Welcome and pictures would be nice.

Pictures upload... yes something I still have to do myself.
No time like the present to start.

My 78...
View attachment 23611
Hey Grasshopper, thanks.
I had read that as well but talked with a couple of guys that said it would work with a drop base air cleaner. It was a Xmas gift from my son so I'm trying to make it work. Added a Holley 4160 as well. I'm hoping to have .25" when it's all said and done. It's cold here in Ontario and a half insulated garage makes things challenging....bring on summer.

Nice '78 BTW.

Reactions: Hotrodron
Haven't to that with the air cleaner on. The measurement for the 2701 is .25" higher than the 2101. So hopefully with the drop base it will clear. I can always go to a 2.5" air filter??? The hood does close with the carb/air cleaner stud inserted.
Nice rides BTW, both black on black?? What year is the C3 - '78?

‘75 Coupe & ‘03 Vert.
The ‘75 has a ZZ4 crate motor that came with a similar intake as you have.
On top is a 4160 Holley with a Moroso drop-base air cleaner.
No clearance issues at all.
DD73182B-9C32-4F50-9229-DD1FE3AF41C8.jpeg

The throttle linkage was the toughest part of the swap.
Check to see your carb is totally closed when the gas peddle is at rest.....
And make sure your carb is totally open when your foot is to the floor.
Making both those things happen is a challenge of the throttle geometry.
Also for safety, ensure that your drop-base air cleaner does not interfere with the full operation/movement of the throttle linkage.

Graham

Hi Graham. Thanks for the info. The air cleaner is on and the hood closes. Now the challenge is with the Holley. I'm at he maximum forward location for the throttle cable but there is about 2.5" of slack at the pedal. Considering on cutting off the "stop" and attaching a new one closer to the firewall to take up the slack. Think it will work as long as I adjust for maximum butterfly opening?

Hey Grasshopper, thanks.
I had read that as well but talked with a couple of guys that said it would work with a drop base air cleaner. It was a Xmas gift from my son so I'm trying to make it work. Added a Holley 4160 as well. I'm hoping to have .25" when it's all said and done. It's cold here in Ontario and a half insulated garage makes things challenging....bring on summer.

Nice '78 BTW.
Hi again Grasshopper. Installed the air cleaner with drop base and 3" filter.... hood closes..... I can breathe easier now!

I’m glad the cleaner fit under the hood.
Now I will mentionagain..ensure the linkage does not jam underneath the air-cleaner base.
I have seen that before.l the drop bases should come with a BIG warning.

Now..I have no idea why I added that engine pic to my last entry..that didn’t show linkage at all.!! LOL
Here are some pics of the linkage that I ended up with.
CA112998-F4A2-468B-A6AE-A714212B8BF6.jpeg
C6B37718-86DD-4D93-B5B5-FC29B902D7F9.jpeg

I made the red bracket...this gave me exactly the point I needed to fasten the factory cable to get full movement.

I used a chrome SPECTRE throttle linkage plate fastened to a carb mounting bolt. This bracket had to be ‘drilled & pinned’ to the carb base to prevent movement. I originally tried Edelbrock, Moroso and other brands before coming back to this bracket with modifications.
9748AA20-45E3-43A1-BAB0-493F02DB26B8.jpeg
CA112998-F4A2-468B-A6AE-A714212B8BF6.jpeg
C6B37718-86DD-4D93-B5B5-FC29B902D7F9.jpeg
9748AA20-45E3-43A1-BAB0-493F02DB26B8.jpeg
AEB5A684-71EB-4CF1-88BF-0D58A7BD8187.jpeg

This arrangement really twists-up the throttle cable between the bracket and the firewall.
Ensure smooth movement and no kinks.

I was totally blown away at the lack of info regarding adding a 2701/Holley combination on a C3 Corvette. You and I can’t be the first to undertake this?

I hope all this helps. I’ve been running this for 20 years.
Let me know if you need more info or pictures. Or send me a PM and we can talk if you wish.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.