Oh for sure I would go to Manny -- Frankly I wouldn't trust anyone else with it. I've talked to Chuck -- he's a very friendly and personable guy who loves modding and tuning -- and sharing his stuff.
Manny has a pretty close relationship with Chuck ....... so we get the best of both worlds....:D

I'll check in with him this week.

TNX

C.

I've gone to Chuck for years now but with Manny's shop and their close ties... I don't need to make the 8 hour trip to Westchester anymore. I would rather support a local business if I can.

I've gone to Chuck for years now but with Manny's shop and their close ties... I don't need to make the 8 hour trip to Westchester anymore. I would rather support a local business if I can.

Hey Cool, Rob -- so you've been to see Check at Westchester. I've mapped it out and planned the route but never made the trip. Now I know Manny and wouldn't go that far now anyway.
I have talked to Chuck about him coming here for a day of mods -- all he needs is commitment from a dozen customers or so to make it worth his while.

Something to think about.:D

C.

Our 2005 already has the 3.42 gears and a six speed. How much rwhp is gained from a good tune with no other changes? I'm talking a safe tune for 91 octane.

Keith, Manny has just the tune for you and all the details. You could pick up more than just a few ponies I'm sure -- something you'll be sure and notice Seat of the pants.......HIs tune really put a smile on my face (and my brother's '06)
He's back in the shop Monday and has a toll free number.

C.

Hey Cool, Rob -- so you've been to see Check at Westchester. I've mapped it out and planned the route but never made the trip. Now I know Manny and wouldn't go that far now anyway.
I have talked to Chuck about him coming here for a day of mods -- all he needs is commitment from a dozen customers or so to make it worth his while.

Something to think about.:D

C.

The trip out to Westchester is beautiful and I'm glad to say I've done it twice. But having Chuck working with Manny and having Manny close by is a no-brainer. Plus Manny has Arun too and he knows his stuff. It's a win-win for us, the customer.

OOLALA -- sign me up for sure. Maybe you can show me all about it -- If you're anything like me, you're not quite the happiest letting someone else drive..

I'll take you up on that sometime..Really like the idea of a steeper rear gear -- I"ll have to talk to Manny about costs involved. I can't imagine it's cheap at all ....tnx.

Colin.

I usually don't like letting others drive my car - for obvious reasons, but the only way to see what a converter feels like is to sit in the driver seat and drive the car for yourself.

P.S. - I always did want to see how the GS drove!!!! :seeya:
:D

I usually don't like letting others drive my car - for obvious reasons, but the only way to see what a converter feels like is to sit in the driver seat and drive the car for yourself.

P.S. - I always did want to see how the GS drove!!!! :seeya:
:D

No worries Rob -- you'd be welcome any time. :D

It is a nice ride down to Chucks for sure. I spent 4 full days in the shop with him and it was interesting to say the least. He's a character.

From what I've seen and heard, Chuck has quite a following and list of clients.
I'm not surprised to hear that some here have visited 'COW' -- Manny tells me he's one of the best in the business.

I for one would really like to see him come up for a visit (again). Apparently he came once b4 in the '09-'10 range and a lot of members here met him during his stay of mods and tunes.

C.

Having thought about it and knowing how much faith Manny has in Arun and the rest of the crew, I'm thinking anyone else coming into the picture wouldn't be feasible really with Arun the tune guru and Manny's crew being the mechanical experts there's no need or room for competition......
I'm sure Manny will add his 2 nickels worth on the subject .......He knows his business and what's best for him far better than I do....:D

C.

I've thought about that. I do have a nice set of Pilot Super Sports in larger than stock sizes to go on (265/305) which probably won't help much. If it poses a problem, I might look at a gear swap - maybe a 2.73 instead.

I've thought about that. I do have a nice set of Pilot Super Sports in larger than stock sizes to go on (265/305) which probably won't help much. If it poses a problem, I might look at a gear swap - maybe a 2.73 instead.

Really -- maybe for my 2.73's? wonder if they're interchangeable???????

Manny -- got a question for you. :D

C.

I've been running those exact size PSS on my car. They are as good as it gets for a "real tire" , but with your power they will break loose easily in 1st and 2nd. Got to learn to modulate the right foot!

I've been running those exact size PSS on my car. They are as good as it gets for a "real tire" , but with your power they will break loose easily in 1st and 2nd. Got to learn to modulate the right foot!

I'm going to need to buy lighter shoes!!! :rofl:

Your going to be smiling from ear to ear!

I like the sound of that! Can't wait to to get behind the wheel and feel the Manny and Arun magic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread