Status
Not open for further replies.
Used my mini-pump today Brian -- just topped off my tires on my DD but it worked well and was easy to hook up and use.
Great products, and great promo.

Thanks,
Colin.

Used my mini-pump today Brian -- just topped off my tires on my DD but it worked well and was easy to hook up and use.
Great products, and great promo.

Thanks,
Colin.

great!

Ours came a couple of days ago and went straight into the car storage compartment.

Now, to sell a product and tell you I hope you don't need it is weird.... hope you don't.

I was at a dealership a few days ago and the Gen Sales manager was asking if they got a tire fixed that got a screw in it.. was a rush sold used car... I showed him the Dynaplug repair tool and he was like... where were you this morning. He wanted one.. great to have at a dealership... I said you could even repair the tire in your suit and not get dirty.

It will give you some peace on mind on long road trips.

Brian

I have changed the free shipping to $150 and up.

The 5 pack of replacement plugs special is over. I might throw in a single insertion tube/plug - deciding right now.

I will be designing a special site in the next few days just for forum members here.

Thanks to all those here that ordered so far. You will have a bit more peace of mind on those long road trips. I wish I had this tool for safety of not getting stranded when I traveled the PCH Oregon/California coast - as I did get a nail in my Z06 tire.

In the past two weeks I have passed about 3 or 4 people with flat tires. I did not have time to stop and help them..... maybe they needed this tool in their trunk.

One of my neighbors had a flat tire a day before I got my first order in. People do get nails in tires.

I just seen Jim Kenzie on Motoring 2014 talking about flat tires and run flat tires. I do plan to mail him one of these tools.

Brian

Brian, received my kit today. Thx. ever so much. For those of you who have not ordered one yet, this is a must. It is neat, compact, well constructed and as a bonus, built in the U.S. It is money well spent in my humble opinion.

Right on Terry, great peace of mind .. excellent product.

You've got a winner Brian.

C.

thanks.

The odd person has asked me if this is a permanent repair. In Europe it has been tested to be permanent if nail is under 3/16" in size.

Now, if I used this to repair a Vette tire I would probably at a later date hit a tire shop for it to be fixed with a patch, as on a car that "can" do over 100 mph you don't want to chance things.

It is there to get you out of a bind on a road trip or even in a City. People can't believe how easy and fast it is to repair.

Some may be on the fence on it...... but once a nail punctures your tire... you have an issue to deal with... and this will be nice to have. I have gotten nails and screws in tires... in Alberta there is tons of construction and now that the ice is melting the screws and nails are out on the roads.

Thanks to everyone who has bought one... it should be a glove box item for everyone driving.

Brian

That's pretty much what I understood the repair to be: a temp fix until you can get to a shop where you can get the inside inspected and patched too.

Apparently a puncture can damage/cut the tire cords rendering the tire much less than its rated speed rating.
It would be smart to have it inspected for such damage after sustaining a puncture.

Stephane (theboss) has a lot of experience in this field and could chime in with his expertise.

C.

OK, Update

I have designed a mirrored site just for the CCF members here. every page and links has a ccf.htm at the end.

BDL Motorsports - Dynaplug main page

Now, I need to keep track of the sales from the forum here and I have adjusted the prices to end in .95 for CCF orders to my .99 on my main site.

So, please link to this page link above to order, I changed it on my initial post and my signature link.

I will be throwing in an extra insertion tube / plug with every tool / kit order now.

The kit combo also gets a carry pouch added in for free.

Spring is almost here and almost time to get those Vettes on the road.

Have more peace of mind having one of these on your drives. I seem to get a nail or a screw about every 1-2 years.

Brian

Good evening everyone,. I told Biran that I was going to post when I received and test my kit and compressor. I ordered the stainless steel Xtrem kit whit a compressor. First: the tool is almost a piece of art, it's compact and easy to use. I took a use tire at the shop and recreate the scenario that could happen to a tire that is still repairable. I puncture it with a very tinny nail, I used the clearing tool and moved it in and out several time, push the air stopper in so I can remove the tool and prepare the insert to repair the hole, then finally push the plug inside the hole, it went in with a reasonable effort. I wanted to be sure it can not come out so I tried to pull it out, no way it is solid, I removed the tire from the rim and tried to remove it from the inside, still solid the only thing that came off was the brass tip, put the tire back on the rim and inflate it to 60psi (way to much) and no leak.
The compressor is very small , I was not sure about the precision of the gage so I tested it with 3 different tire gages, a new one, a use one, the electronic that I use to calibrate my tire machine and the one on the compressor. At 35psi, the difference between the lowest and highest was 1/2 psi so close enough for me. For the cars equip with tpms, you can also check the reading in the cluster
After testing it myself and compared it with cheaper stuff I had seen on the market, my opinion is that this is the best emergency kit money can buy, it's compact, complete and fairly easy to use.
As I have stated in previous post, I still recommend to have the tire check for internal damage but at least you have a chance to get you out of trouble or risk a damage to the car trying to take it on a flat bed truck.
I tried to put the link from the my previous post but could not figure out how to, maybe Colin can help me on that one.
It great that Brian is our direct source for this product, every CCF members have someone they can rely on.
My english been far than perfect, but I'm sure you will understand.

Stephane :seeya:

Yes, you said you were going to try it out.

Great, glad your happy.

A guy who runs claimer cars at Wetaskiwin Speedway dropped me off 2 tires on rims.... I wanted to do some experimenting too but haven't yet.

My Corvette buddy has the older plastic version of this companies product and he said 4-5 years later his tire is still holding air.. think it is a quad tire... so, know the product is decent.

Yes, if it gets you out of a pickle getting a nail . that is what it is there for. Wish I had this in my Z06 4 years ago when I had a nail and a slow leak on a trip down the coast.

People may be hesitant on using this/buying this product but the nail is not hesitant when it punctures your tire. You will only use it if you need it ( head office says they have a hard time doing videos as no one wants their car/truck tire punctured for a demo - haha )

I would take my Vette tire to a shop after I got home and got a patch done - this can be a temporary fix but it is classified in Europe as a permanent fix.

I just spent today redoing my web site with the CC forum pages and changing the prices to know who orders.. next step is placing some ad's in kijiji across Canada and will also put some for sale on ebay.ca

It will take 1-3 months to get people seeing or thinking more on this.. but it is a great idea.

Thanks to all that have gotten one..... hopefully you don't need it but if you do great to have it. I will be making trips to Kelowna to jet ski and who knows if I will need this. Hope not.

Brian

Last edited:
Good to have these too

Extra accessories to carry in your vehicle that will come in handy

small to medium pliers to pull nail out

snips to trim excess plug flush with tire tread

gloves

small bottle water with some dish soap added ( to pour on to check for leaks/bubbles )

flashlight for night repairs

Here you go Stephane....your posts were in Peter's thread on tire repair.

Great write-ups guys -- Nice to have some insurance in the trunk for those rare times one has a problem.

Thanks Brian for making these available to us.

Cheers,
Colin.

-----------------------------

Hi everyone. As a shop owner (tires and mechanic services), I saw a lot of different product to fix tires. First the product offered by Amazon is a very old stuff, these plugs are made of fabric and coated whit some rubberized product that usually dry out and on a longer period and tend to leak true the fabric as the coating dry out. The best repair is the patch/plug. It fills the hole and re-enforce the the tire from the inside. Remember that most of the time, wen something puncture your tire it cuts a few steel belt and open a way for water to reach the undamaged steel belts. The patch/plug is the best because block the hole and prevent water to make the belts get rusted and re-enforce the tire where the belts where broke. Second, on low profile tires like ours,you don't have to drive very long to get the interior of your tire shredded. The problem whit any plugs repair is that you don't know if the interior liner is damage or not. Many time I saw tire badly damaged inside whit very small or no damage on the outside. If you have a flat tire tire and you are absolutely positive that you did not ride on a low pressure tire then you can put a plug but if you drove on a low pressure (even a short distance), have the tire remove and check the inside for damage. The dynaplug system seem to be a good product as long as you have a small compressor to refill the tire. If you drove on a low pressure tire, you can use a plug, adjust the pressure and have the interior of the tire check asap. Third I don't want you to think that I am trying to scare any of you and as a shop owner I am trying to sell the idea of going to a shop every time you have a flat tire but after 33 years in a garage I saw a lot of situations that could be avoided. These cars are fast and safety is not an option.

Sorry about my english, but I am sure that you do understant what I am trying to say

Steph.:seeya:

Hi Colin. If someone happened to find a screw or a nail in a tire and there is no lost of air, a plug can be a permanent cure if a good quality product is use, but still, having the tire remove and check is not that expensive to get peace of mind. Most of us do not track the car so no very high speed and I would prefer to have a blow out tire in a vette than any other regular car, I am positive that the handling of the car will probably save my but, the best is still to avoid these situation. We all share the same passion for these car, let's get back home in one piece.

Steph. :seeya:

I am back from holidays..... I landed.. got in the cab and it starts raining last night ( this morning ) at 1 am.

:(

stupid weather.

Web site will be updated soon - gotta remove the closed wording.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.