Good afternoon Steamer,

That brings up an interesting point. I was watching for the "fill WW tank" light to come on when I was pumping out the tank on Monday and don't recall seeing it even when the tank reached the point that methanol stopped flowing.

If I unknowingly run the tank empty, will the various engine sensors not prevent the engine from advancing the timing to produce top power??

If this is not the case then I either need to double check that the WW fluid tank fill light is working or as I was doing this summer, always topping up the tank when I would check the oil etc.

But I am not sure how long a tank lasts either and if the "test" button produces full flow then it sure gets used up in a hurry.

I love this site, always something new I'm learning.

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited:
Quite the adventure! Well, fully to the right seems easy to remember now. I was going to suggest looking through photos to see if you had any with the knob in them.

Sounds like you guys have a lot of snow. Seems as though Mother Nature is dumping it all at our place before it gets here! :D

Good morning Riley,

Yes, I am happy that it will be so easy for me to remember the dial setting now. I recall looking at it at the time and noticing approximately where it was set but not exactly. In hindsite I should have written it on a piece of tape and put it on the inside of the door that covers it. I just never considered for a moment someone would play around with it. It was a wave of relief when word came that it could be dialed all the way open and left there.

I have a few dash interior pictures when Manny was installing the seat covers and door still carbon fiber covers but I'm not sure off-hand if they show anything ahead of the gearshift.

It was so nice to see the car again though and when I started it the noise inside the garage sort of scared me as it was so loud. I just told myself 4 more months and I'm back in the saddle!

There was more snow again this morning, 10 cm probably but the wind yesterday and last night did not make as much of a mess as I was expecting. Close to the house for sure it drifted but not along the driveway.

It is also bookshelf pickup day. So I'll be heading in to load them into the back of Dad's truck but he won't be coming home until tomorrow so there will be yet a further delay in getting them inside the house. I think my lesson to be learned is that I should have either just gone and picked it up myself or I should have Kijiji'ed for a transport service that makes runs from Grande Prairie to this area and then saved all the grief in the end and had the bookshelves here last week. Hopefully I'll learn from this experience finally.

I hope the snow blows right on through to the Altantic and does make any stops on its way east.............

Cheers,

Garry

That is actually a good lesson learned about the meth knob. If I should ever mod my car (very doubtful) I should take pictures of anything that can be adjusted. Who knows what the heck people are thinking when they are working on your car or what others in the shop are doing when someone is working on your vehicle. Years and years ago I had a stereo installed in my truck. When I got it back the front of the hood was sitting about 1/2 an inch below the fender. I went back to ask what the heck happened. The guy didn't know but looked at it and said someone adjusted the hood support all the way down. Why? Who the heck knows but he adjusted it back up and it sat normally. Weird things happen in shops I guess.

Good morning Riley,

That is actually the disappionting part of these experiences. Leaving your vehicle (or whatever) and finding out that it has been touched, adjusted or tampered with beyond what was requried to do the job. Or worse yet, having a setting changed or adjusted and not put back to the original position! What would have been the outcome if say I'd taken the car out for one final speed run prior to storing it for the winter and not having any methanol being sprayed????? And of course who would fess up and take responsibility for this too? I'm sure the endless number of blank stares or "don't know nothin' about it" or "our guys didn't touch nothin'" comments I would get.

In yoru case, how does someone come to the conclusion that a stereo installation requires a hood adjustment?? Were you having the sub mounted by the air intake, for example?! Maybe the 6 pack by the coolent overflow tank perhaps??!! People need to learn to keep their fingers to themselves.

Cheers,

Garry

On mine the DIC showed "Low Washer Fluid" .. I expect you missed the display. If not then the float in the tank will be stuck.
I never waited for the low fluid warning -- instead I topped up the tank each week to make sure I didn't run out.

C.

Good point Colin,

And as the Dashtronix display when connected only shows me AF and manifold pressure that is why I never saw it! I was looking for a symbol like the seatbelt unbuckled icon being lit on the dash and not in the DIC!! I'll remember to disconnect the Dashtronix in the spring and then when I empty the blue WW fluid see if the warning comes up.

Now how cool is this website to give me access to that sort of wisdom I tell ya!

Bookshelves home, sort of. For some reason Dad elected not to do his engineering work today, which means I didn't have to wait to bring my Aunt home (mom is doing this) and so Dad and i came back right away. But while we loaded them into the truck ourselves Dad for some reason thinks it will be a three person job to bring them into my house so he didn't want to unload them until tomorrow morning when mom can help.

Sigh!

But at least they are 5 miles away and not 75 miles away!! And seeing them in person they are really nice too!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning,

I hope that you're all warm and able to stay inside as much as possible. -31 with a 11 km wind so a bit of wind chill. I geared up but that 8 or 10" opening around my face does get cold and my beard does get iced. I've considered actually wearing my race helmet to try it out, maybe it would keep my face warm and more importantly keep my glasses from frosting over! I can actually be a hazzard when I can't see where I am stepping.

On the parenting side, Aidan's Christmas concert tonight. I'm not sure what it is going to be, very hush hush for the parents you know. But through my network of CSIS contacts I've been able to learn that it is going to be the kids doing "What Does A Fox Say".

To say that I can't imagine the needle on the cuteness scale not going way over "10" to see a bunch of Grade 3's in animal costumes prancing and cavorting on stage would be an understatement! If it video's well I'll put it on Youtube too. Apparently at one point Aidan (he plays one of the foxs) gets picked up in the air by three girls (Grace, Cadence and Camryn) so it should lead to some great teasing opportunities for me!!!!

Bookshelf unloading should be this morning but sadly now I don't think they will make it dopwn the hallway and into my bedroom. So either I disassemble them or they go into my modeling room in the basement.

Cheers,

Garry

Good afternoon,

Bookshelves in the basement! Still not sure where to put them but at elast they are finally home and the hard part is done..............

Cheers,

Garry

Fair enough doubting Thomas! Just getting ready for the Christmas concert though and right now the bookshelves are in the basement on their side but just for you Colin I shall do so............!

Warmed up to -25 today too.

Cheers,

Garry

The concert was good alright but I am really looking forward to the talent show tomorrow after lunch. I am one lucky SOB to have my life structured so I can experience all these things with my son................

And yes pictures will be posted Colin willing!

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning,

The talent show was amazing! It took me a while to download the files of this darn camera - I didn't use my old one as I want tog et proficient with this new one and I just finished the download so I'm starting the upload to Youtube now and will post the link. I hope it works. I watched it once with Aidan and we both laughed! Grade 3 and already my son can dance better than me..............

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning!

I was able to download the videos on to my computer and started to upload two of them onto YouTube, the first one made (four of Aidan's classmates doing their gymnastics routine) it but the Fox one crashed so I've started again but it says another three hours yet. Not the speediest internet connection it would seem!

Now Aidan is writing his won lyrics for the song. Assuming that you are familiar with it there is the sequence which if you find the cadence Aidan has replaced with:

Big blue eyes,
pointy nose,
chasing mice,
and digging holes.
Tiny paws,
up the hill,
suddenly you're standing still.
Your fur is red,
so beautiful,
like an angel in disguise.

TO:

Big bald head,
Beard of snow,
His Z06,
It don't go slow.
Su-per-char-ger,
Pumping air,
Suddenly you're gone from there.
You hit the gas,
The tires smoke,
On which the other drivers choke............

And that is as fas as he is as of this morning!

And of course worse than that is that in Grade 3 he is already getting picked up by girls!!

Cheers,

Garry

hahahaha good one Garry -- Aidan is very imaginative.....kudos to him for creativity.
I think Dad had a little to do with it (if the truth were known) -- Good encouragement Garry -- kudos to you too.

Cheers,
Colin.

Good morning Colin,

Sadly his main contribution was laughing about my "big bald head" but truthfully he was one theone who started it, I just helped with the appropriate rhymes.........51% loaded and counting............and of course guys remember that I'm expected many, positive comments to be left on the YouTube video too................

Cheers,

Garry

And I had also considered:

"With methanol,
The green light glows,
The Z06 it really goes"...........

Maybe I missed my calling, or perhaps recognized where it should not be!!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.