Just to let C7 owners , I did a 11.55 seconds run , a week ago , in a quarter mile race. A lot better, than the numbers, from Car and Driver. This was done with drag radials only , nothing else done to my Vette . It is full stock. I was, am, very happy. Tried to attach time slip, but could not. :(

Thanks for letting us know. I wouldn`t consider that a stock run as TCS performance is an extremely important figure or merit.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I certainly would consider the 11.55 not only impressive but a very "stock" run. All driver no nannies.

What track did you race at? Are there many drag strips left in Quebec. I assume Sanair is still closed or gone, real shame. All because of a fuel ban.

@wlgi nice run.

The term `stock` can be ambiguous when comparing OE production figures posted by Car & Driver and track figures governed by an independent racing body.

Sounds like there may be a number of other mods to the production vehicle making up gains that not all readers are familiar with.

The term `stock` can be ambiguous when comparing OE production figures posted by Car & Driver and track figures governed by an independent racing body.

Sounds like there may be a number of other mods to the production vehicle making up gains that not all readers are familiar with.
You are treading on dangerous ground here, you are essentially calling the OP a liar. We don't do that here. Perhaps you can search for a better format to showcase your intellect.

Thanks for letting us know. I wouldn`t consider that a stock run as TCS performance is an extremely important figure or merit.
The emergency brake is an important figure or merit as well but you are still running a stock vehicle if you don't have it engaged.... Your statement that shutting the traction control off does not qualify as a stock run is laughable.

If you want great times , you have to disable. Take my advice though, go with compound , if you disable because you might see the walls close up. ;)

I certainly would consider the 11.55 not only impressive but a very "stock" run. All driver no nannies.

What track did you race at? Are there many drag strips left in Quebec. I assume Sanair is still closed or gone, real shame. All because of a fuel ban.

@wlgi nice run.
Napierville track in Napierville , of course. That is close to the American /New York state border. A few others in the province also.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06

No tuning or CAI just drag radials. It s a 3LT Z51 Convertible.

Napierville track in Napierville , of course. That is close to the American /New York state border. A few others in the province also.

Ahh, memories... Napierville. Had a poster of Don Garlits on my bedroom wall, badgered my father to take me to the NHRA Nationals held there when I was 12, 1969 IIRC. Hot summer day, blazing sun no shade, the smell of nitromethane and THE NOISE. He (my dad) hated it, actually got kinda sick, heat stroke. I had the time of my life and went down a hooligan road because of that. Spent most of my life and a lot of money on hotrodding and racing, women and alcohol. The rest of it I wasted. I could never thank my dad enough.

Just to let C7 owners , I did a 11.55 seconds run , a week ago , in a quarter mile race. A lot better, than the numbers, from Car and Driver. This was done with drag radials only , nothing else done to my Vette . It is full stock. I was, am, very happy. Tried to attach time slip, but could not. :(
Could you share brand of drag radial and front tire brand and pressures you used.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.