Ahh, memories... Napierville. Had a poster of Don Garlits on my bedroom wall, badgered my father to take me to the NHRA Nationals held there when I was 12, 1969 IIRC. Hot summer day, blazing sun no shade, the smell of nitromethane and THE NOISE. He (my dad) hated it, actually got kinda sick, heat stroke. I had the time of my life and went down a hooligan road because of that. Spent most of my life and a lot of money on hotrodding and racing, women and alcohol. The rest of it I wasted. I could never thank my dad enough.
I know what you mean. :)
Could you share brand of drag radial and front tire brand and pressures you used.
NT 555 R II. Did not lower tire pressure this time. Front tires are the original run flats. I was able to download time slip also, check it out.

Last edited:
I think I got it. Here is my time slip.

Attachments

• MI_TIMESLIP_1636569756.png
    MI_TIMESLIP_1636569756.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 38
I know what you mean. :)

NT 555 R II. Did not lower tire pressure this time. Front tires are the original run flats. I was able to download time slip also, check it out.
Congratulations on a very impressive run! I take it you had no evil handling issues with the run flat ,drag radial combo as I would like to try drag radials but always been a concern of mine. I have a 2019 base convertible which with very poor traction has run 12.16 @ 119.05 mph on a 2200 DA day so thought it would really rock with some drag radials.

Congratulations on a very impressive run! I take it you had no evil handling issues with the run flat ,drag radial combo as I would like to try drag radials but always been a concern of mine. I have a 2019 base convertible which with very poor traction has run 12.16 @ 119.05 mph on a 2200 DA day so thought it would really rock with some drag radials.
I had bought my drag radials , for the rear only, to use in the summer but got them in Sept. Covid was to blame , they said. If you want traction , go drag radials , for sure, you will not regret it. Nitto is the only company , that I know of, that makes 20 inch drag radials, that fit exactly like the originals , size and all.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.