If you have a C6 you can take a look inside the glove box on the left hand side
using a flashlight you should be able to read the code.

As for Doctor Color Chip I bought from them last year, I have had some good
results on a few scratches and stone chips.
My color was a bit darker as the car is 10+ years old so I just lightened it a bit
with some white paint to the exact or close to it color.
If you use as described on their site it works quite well, I let the paint dry that
extra little bit before buffing it off and removing the excess so it sticks in the
chip area or scratch and does not get rubbed off.

Also wondering how this works and looking forward to the results. My van was keyed all the way around last year and I would like to fix that up, even if it's not perfect.
Also have a chip or 17 on the C5 that could use some attention.

Well, I am so far not impressed. I have followed the instructions to the letter with varying drying times and the chips are barely improved. I certainly cannot tell the difference with the standard touch-up paint. The SealAct does a good job of removing the excess. I will post some pics.

I am writing to them for an explanation.

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to Dr. ColorChip.

Good afternoon Dan,
Well, I have received and tried the product on three stone chips on my Velocity Yellow Corvette 2006. I am truly not pleased with the result and fail to see the difference between your product and the GM touch-up paint. I had followed the instructions to the letter with varying drying times and also using the white base paint.

Chip #1

Thanks for your honesty Pierre. Hopefully Dan will be able to steer you in the right direction if you did anything wrong or could shed some light on the possible reasons for the outcome.

Hun, when I got mine last year I only had a few tiny chips that I used the kit to fix up.
I know my car is a bit older and I knew the color match would be a bit off so added some white
to lighten the color up to match closely as possible my car color.

I then cleaned the area with soap and water to get any wax etc off the area then used a very fine
point paint brush and lightly filled in the area and smeared any excess with the glove, let dry and then
buffed very lightly with the lint free cloth. My chips where very minor but I have a few new bigger ones
since last year so I will try it on the new ones this weekend and let you all know.

Hun, when I got mine last year I only had a few tiny chips that I used the kit to fix up.
I know my car is a bit older and I knew the color match would be a bit off so added some white
to lighten the color up to match closely as possible my car color.

I then cleaned the area with soap and water to get any wax etc off the area then used a very fine
point paint brush and lightly filled in the area and smeared any excess with the glove, let dry and then
buffed very lightly with the lint free cloth. My chips where very minor but I have a few new bigger ones
since last year so I will try it on the new ones this weekend and let you all know.

I've applied several coats in the hope of building it up properly and so far the same results. I suspect it relates more to the fact that my car is a bright color.

Well, had a good chat with Dan McCool. Technique is EVERYTHING and they are re-writing their "how-to" guide. The trick is to apply the touch-up paint around the chip and smear it in. The instructions do not explain this. I did acheive much better results even though you can still see part of the chip. I attribute this to the fact that my car is a VY. I am certain that other colors will achieve better results.

I give the product a passing grade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.