LATNC5

Jan 24, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
support your corvette hobby??

my wife does support my interest in spending endless amounts of my PESOS. Awhile ago i actually was going to sell the vette and she is the one that changed my mind.:eek:...i know very shocking!!!

All as i can say is she hates it. Its always a big to do when i go out in it, she thinks i'm with a little hottie.Maybe i need a secound one, wife that is lol.Could you imagine not trusting me after 21 years oh well not going to stop me.I've been trying to get her to come on the cruises to show her how fun it is but she says she's not interested. So i just bring the girlfriend oh sorry i mean friend.

Steve,

My wife is very supportive, thankfully! Perfect example, I recently lost my job, and a lot of wives would probably immediately make their husbands sell their Corvettes in a situation like this. But my wife knows how much my Corvette means to me, and she loves driving it too, so it wasn't even a consideration on her mind. In fact, when my sister suggested I sell the Corvette my wife chimed in and said how foolish that would be, since it's fully paid off and has been very reliable, and with the high kms on it (166,000) we wouldn't get anywhere near what the car is worth to us. Of course it also helps that my Corvette is my only car, and not a second toy, so if I sold it I would still need to use that money to buy something else. But even still, it just proves that my wife is very supportive of my Corvette addiction. She knows that I would be absolutely miserable if I didn't own one.

My wife is very supportive, thankfully! Perfect example, I recently lost my job, and a lot of wives would probably immediately make their husbands sell their Corvettes in a situation like this. But my wife knows how much my Corvette means to me, and she loves driving it too, so it wasn't even a consideration on her mind. In fact, when my sister suggested I sell the Corvette my wife chimed in and said how foolish that would be, since it's fully paid off and has been very reliable, and with the high kms on it (166,000) we wouldn't get anywhere near what the car is worth to us. Of course it also helps that my Corvette is my only car, and not a second toy, so if I sold it I would still need to use that money to buy something else. But even still, it just proves that my wife is very supportive of my Corvette addiction. She knows that I would be absolutely miserable if I didn't own one.

Sorry to here about your job Pat! Your wife sounds like a great person your a lucky guy my friend.

I have the best wife on the planet, she is not into cars but she tries to understand my obsesion. She cruses with me but I enjoy it more than she does I think?!? At the end of the day she knows how happy the car makes me and is just as proud of owning it as I am.

Brent:canada:

My fiancee is great. As long as I obey the driving rules (when she is in the car) she enjoys the ride. She doesn't even want to drive it cause she is afraid she will wreck it and I will get mad even though I told her I've wrecked more than she probably ever will. She even told me she wouldn't let me sell the vette unless I wanted to, ie: I decided to sell it for a new one :). She keeps telling me she wants a burnt orange C6, I just can't afford one!

T

Poor guy... make sure you don't let her eat the wedding cake!!!

Actually I'm just being funny... my wife (albeit the second one LOL) is great!!! Actually she even bought me a custom fitted car cover with a z06 logo on it... awwwwwww...

I'll have to stop leaving bannana peels at the top of the stairs if she keeps this up!!

Poor guy... make sure you don't let her eat the wedding cake!!!

Actually I'm just being funny... my wife (albeit the second one LOL) is great!!! Actually she even bought me a custom fitted car cover with a z06 logo on it... awwwwwww...

I'll have to stop leaving bannana peels at the top of the stairs if she keeps this up!!

As I mention on another topic.... Beware of the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Syndrome..... it is affecting more and more Corvette's wives enthusiasts every year.... :rofl:

Our insurance companies should have a policy for that...just in case

My fiancee is always telling me what would look cool or look hot on my car and to go for it, cannot complain. :)

Fiancee hey? ..... Yep....definetely early stages.... wait till you 100% share your money and your Vette needs the rear end redone... LOL...it usually costs twice as much.

I.E. I work too, so I deserve to spend on me the same amount... does ot sound familiar to anyone? LOL

Don't get me wrong, my wife is awesome... but she does not think that a new Holley carb is a priority !!! haha

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.