Murray Chevy in Lethbridge has a red 3LT without Z51, without lift, with carbon flash accessories for $102K. Seems to be a few thousand over MSRP.

This is the same dealership that left two C7's sitting outside in the snow all winter rather than dropping the price just a little bit to sell.

My dealer had 19 just before Christmas. 13 of those sat outside through the winter. The six Z06's were in the showroom because of the Cup2 rubber. They had 14 left early March and 6 left today. No Z06's left. They are discounted but not any more than they were last summer. They will have no trouble selling the remaining 6.

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
No problem. I don't see it on their website nor Facebook page now.

I suspect finding a 2020 for sale on a dealer lot and at MSRP will be next to impossible if Bowling Green doesn't resume production soon. Even so, I've got my name on a list for anything received and turned down and a convertible in particular. In the words of Alexander Pope in 1732: "hope springs eternal"...

As of today, there's a C8 coupe for sale at Don Wheaton's Chev in Edmonton (Whyte Avenue) or there for your viewing pleasure if you just want to see one in-person:

-Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic
-Sky Cool Grey interior
-Z51 package with magnetic ride
-LT2 trim
-GT 1 seats w blue seat belts
-black brake calipers (standard)
-Trident Spoke Spectra Gray rims
-Carbon Flash mirrors
-about 5,300 km (S/N 0053; so an early build)
-asking $124,900 + gst (over list; but they bought it from a Manitoba dealer who took it on trade)
-on their showroom floor about a week; had it sold but buyer couldn't get financing

Contact Robyn (780-299-8625 cell) if interested.

And no, I'm not on commission and have no affiliation with the sales person; this is to help someone willing to pay over MSRP for a 2020 C8. It's hard to find a 2020 and it'll likely be the same for a 2021...and who knows what they have into the car and what they'll actually take for a sale. I was just there today getting my first C8 oil/filter change and was surprised to see it in their inventory for sale.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: frankmp
It does not surprise me at all that Don Wheaton Management is attempting this.
They really strived to under-impress us a few years back when shopping our "not his" vehicle.
It makes it pretty easy for “social distancing” from them now (jmo) 😂

Last edited:
I was surprised to see five C7's in the Don Wheaton showroom, alongside the C8. The sales person told me their manager "went on a buying binge" and picked them up since they were completely sold out of Corvettes before that. The dealership in Calgary where I picked up my C8, was also sold out of C7's and said that many buyers turned to C7's when they realized they wouldn't be able to get a C8 anytime soon. So even with COVID, auto sales in general seem to be doing OK. My son-in-law is a finance manager in a non-GM dealership and he says their business is doing really well. Go figure.

I was surprised to see five C7's in the Don Wheaton showroom, alongside the C8. The sales person told me their manager "went on a buying binge" and picked them up since they were completely sold out of Corvettes before that. The dealership in Calgary where I picked up my C8, was also sold out of C7's and said that many buyers turned to C7's when they realized they wouldn't be able to get a C8 anytime soon. So even with COVID, auto sales in general seem to be doing OK. My son-in-law is a finance manager in a non-GM dealership and he says their business is doing really well. Go figure.
Interest rates. Plain and simple.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
The only dealership in Alberta that I have seen selling a C8 for MSRP, when a buyer backs out, is Capital Chevrolet in Calgary. To the people who complain about paying over MSRP just have to wait a few years and you can buy one under MSRP. Might not be until 2023 at this rate.

The only dealership in Alberta that I have seen selling a C8 for MSRP, when a buyer backs out, is Capital Chevrolet in Calgary. To the people who complain about paying over MSRP just have to wait a few years and you can buy one under MSRP. Might not be until 2023 at this rate.
I don't complain about paying over msrp, I just don’t pay over msrp. As for 2023, I am good with that. Bugs should be worked out by then.

How about 15-20k over msrp on a USED car. I never planned on buying a C8 until ‘22 as I knew these dealers couldn’t stop yhemselves from doing it.

I put money down to reserve a new Bronco for the wife a month ago and the dealership actually told me Ford mandated they can’t sell over sticker. I guess that’s just the difference between the companies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread