It looks like Wheaton Chevrolet in Red Deer might have one: their website lists a 2020 Coupe 2LT Arctic White with adrenaline red interior and there's a VIN and stock number for it. Although the description doesn't mention anything else, the photo suggests it's a Z51 with red brake calipers. If that's it for options, the list would be $86,493 (plus gst) as opposed to their advertised price of $100,000 + gst + $601 "doc fee". Has anyone in Red Deer seen it or know anything about it? Is it an order where the customer got "COVID cold-feet"?

You'll find it here: New 2020 Chevrolet Corvette For Sale at Wheaton Chevrolet of Red Deer Ltd. | VIN: 1G1Y72D45L5102563

CAN ANYONE VERIFY IF THIS IS the actual MSRP ... @ $100k ... not going to call them if they are just fishing for my name

argh.jpg

Last edited:
No it's likely not MSRP; as mentioned in the original post: the MSRP would be $86,483, if the only options on the vehicle are the ones I mentioned above. The base price for the coupe is $69,998, consisting of $67,898 + $2,000 destination/freight charge + the $100 A/C charge. Then add to that the following options: 2LT trim level (add $9,900); Z51 package (add $5,900) and red calipers (add $695). All of this comes off the "chevrolet.ca" website and the 2020 Corvette "build & price". There may be other options not noted in the description, but that seems unlikely since you'd expect the dealer to upsell the vehicle. As well, I'd be surprised if any other options would total the $13,507 difference. Even if you add the more likely options of battery protection package, magnetic ride, front lift with memory, splash guards, GT2 seats, red seat belts, and floor mats (quite a few more options) that only takes the price to $93,458. However I'm still hoping someone from Red Deer on the Forums, will confirm all the details on the car. Anyone?

I have a call into my guy at Wheaton on this. He had three on the lot that were cancelled by the buyer 2 weeks ago. All were at MSRP. He told me their policy is MSRP only, so will see what he comes back with if they are even working. Only the service departments of our dealers are open right now.

OK, having started this thread, I "put my money where my mouth is" and called a few minutes ago. The salesman I spoke with, who I've dealt with before, said:

-there is no C8 for sale; this ad was "automatically populated by their website" (?)
-they had 13 C8's coming in; 2 arrived already and both buyers backed out and lost their deposits. The black one sold in 15 minutes and the ceramic gray sold after 2 phone calls
-he has 5 more people on his personal wait list and they've all indicated they'll take whichever C8 is turned down again, if that happens, regardless of color or trim level

So this was all a "false alarm". Sorry folks.

Reactions: Dik and ddgermann
No it's likely not MSRP; as mentioned in the original post: the MSRP would be $86,483, if the only options on the vehicle are the ones I mentioned above. The base price for the coupe is $69,998, consisting of $67,898 + $2,000 destination/freight charge + the $100 A/C charge. Then add to that the following options: 2LT trim level (add $9,900); Z51 package (add $5,900) and red calipers (add $695). All of this comes off the "chevrolet.ca" website and the 2020 Corvette "build & price". There may be other options not noted in the description, but that seems unlikely since you'd expect the dealer to upsell the vehicle. As well, I'd be surprised if any other options would total the $13,507 difference. Even if you add the more likely options of battery protection package, magnetic ride, front lift with memory, splash guards, GT2 seats, red seat belts, and floor mats (quite a few more options) that only takes the price to $93,458. However I'm still hoping someone from Red Deer on the Forums, will confirm all the details on the car. Anyone?

My guy just got back to me. Not for sale. It's just the way their website is populated.

I know; sorry. I've got a ton of work to do, in spite of COVID, but as always, this C8 topic gets too much of my attention and is a good distraction from the daily grind.

More recently, my spouse has made a U-turn and is starting to wish I had the car already. We'll see if our marriage can last the extra year it's likely to take... :).

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Those damn "auto-populated" things always gets me nibbling.
I'm an old grumpy fish when it ends up being a "hook" instead of "food".
But it gets me every time ... thx

That price just looked too "even" at $100k to be true though. no big deal now.

Those damn "auto-populated" things always gets me nibbling.
I'm an old grumpy fish when it ends up being a "hook" instead of "food".
But it gets me every time ... thx

That price just looked too "even" at $100k to be true though. no big deal now.

Yeah.... I thought that as well.... $100,000.02 would have been way more believable IMO.... :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: BDK
I know; sorry. I've got a ton of work to do, in spite of COVID, but as always, this C8 topic gets too much of my attention and is a good distraction from the daily grind.

More recently, my spouse has made a U-turn and is starting to wish I had the car already. We'll see if our marriage can last the extra year it's likely to take... :).
We'll be lucky to survive our marriages with the extra year of "stay home" status...

Last edited:
We'll able be lucky to survive our marriages with the extra year of "stay home" status...

Actually I have an idea for those that are suffering from "Too Much Isolation Time Together Syndrome"....

Organize a revolving 'trade my wife' (or husband ) program with about 6 of your neighbors. Obviously there would be a 14 day waiting period to insure no Covid virus is passed around, but once certified 'clean', wives (or husbands), could move throughout the group, spending one week at each members house with a different partner. This would give each spouse five weeks of breathing room from their respective Coivid 19 isolation lives with their spouse. It is quite possible that this could also turn into a beneficial learning experience for spouses that maybe aren't great in certain areas of co-existence...areas such as cooking, cleaning, minor repairs, deep meaningful discussions or whatever else might pop up... In five weeks your own spouse would be back, telling you all about their experience, and from there, different avenues regarding your relationship may arise... You may look at each other in adoration, realizing how lucky you really are, maybe continue with the revolving program or alternatively, filing for divorce discussion may ensue.

Just a thought. And I better post this quick before Brenda sees it or the remainder of my Covid isolation may be spent in the barn. Either that of she might start packing my bags...

:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread