How about 15-20k over msrp on a USED car. I never planned on buying a C8 until ‘22 as I knew these dealers couldn’t stop yhemselves from doing it.

I put money down to reserve a new Bronco for the wife a month ago and the dealership actually told me Ford mandated they can’t sell over sticker. I guess that’s just the difference between the companies.
You gotta pay to play. Supply vs Demand is not yet equal. If you want it today, you're going to have to pay it's that simple. I dont begrudge anyone that right! Good for them, if it makes them happy.

Reactions: Climber17
How about 15-20k over msrp on a USED car. I never planned on buying a C8 until ‘22 as I knew these dealers couldn’t stop yhemselves from doing it.

I put money down to reserve a new Bronco for the wife a month ago and the dealership actually told me Ford mandated they can’t sell over sticker. I guess that’s just the difference between the companies.
Really try to find a 2020 GT500 at MSRP then see if you can find one with the track pack, dealers want 50k over for those.Has nothing to do with GM or Ford these independent dealers are the crooks. I chose not to pay for anything over retail but do as you chose.

Reactions: Climber17

That surprises me because they were selling the GT350R and GT500 at over MSRP at one time.

I am like most people though and couldn’t justify paying over MSRP for a vehicle. But hey I don't have deep pockets either.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
Just saw a c8 sitting on lot with price in window of $87,???.?? Wrong color for me.
We should be boycotting dealers charging more than MSRP. We all drive other vehicles and they have to be changed from time to time. I for one will remember the dealers greed. Easy to say "Good for them if they can get away with it" but I've been in business all my life and have been told at many dealer meetings by manufacturers and government reps that charging more that MSRP can be considered a crime and the individual responsible could be charged with "Gouging". Seems to run rampant through the hospitality, hotels, and car dealers. To each their own but I will not pay more than MSRP so if I have to wait, so be it.

Just saw a c8 sitting on lot with price in window of $87,???.?? Wrong color for me.
We should be boycotting dealers charging more than MSRP. We all drive other vehicles and they have to be changed from time to time. I for one will remember the dealers greed. Easy to say "Good for them if they can get away with it" but I've been in business all my life and have been told at many dealer meetings by manufacturers and government reps that charging more that MSRP can be considered a crime and the individual responsible could be charged with "Gouging". Seems to run rampant through the hospitality, hotels, and car dealers. To each their own but I will not pay more than MSRP so if I have to wait, so be it.
I am an “anti over msrp” guy. That being said I also believe in the free market. I won’t boycott a dealer trying to make a buck. They are not gouging if its a non-essential item. I know its heresy here, but Corvettes are non-essential items.

Market price is the highest price a buyer will pay and the lowest price a seller will sell for. If thats over msrp then so be it. It wont be me.

Reactions: SundogRider
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread