Spectre why come on the Corvette site and have anything negative to say about the overall design of the Z06?
I was sharing my thoughts on the forum. I got plenty of feedback which I was grateful for, and ultimately I came to my own conclusion. I continue to see nothing wrong with that.

If I went into a thread you started about your car and posted something negative, that's another thing altogether.

I'll go back to my first point... When a person starts a thread with. " I don't mean to start a flame war..." well... Thread seems like troll bait to me even this far along. Those here know that I rarely, if ever, write such.

With regard to the question on tires for the GS/Z06 vs Z51. I had the 2014 Z51 for over two years and 37,000 km and found the tires to be great. Treadwear was surprisingly good. They started out at 8mm of tread and when I traded at 37,000 they still had 4 mm. I found the tires great in the rain and I drove in a lot of it on long road trips. However, once the temperature got below 10C the traction was not great, below 5C they were downright slippery. I have found the tires on the new Grand Sport to be virtually identical in performance. If you are going to drive in temperatures under 10C I would strongly suggest that you swap out for some high performance all seasons. I understand from folks who have the high performance option on the GS that those tires are truly amazing on the track but quite tricky in the rain. Since I don't plan on swapping out tires it is now time to put the new GS to bed for the winter. Changed the oil this week and will put the battery tender on tomorrow. Even though delivery did not happen till later in September still managed to get 7800 km on her.

Reactions: Spectre
I wasn't offended, even if he has a Volksvagen avatar. haha.

I'm used to people hackin' on my 'murican s**t, and I don't care. I didn't chose my car for anybody else but me. He asked for opinions, and I think I gave him one without being a dink. It's ultimately his money and his decision, and it doesn't matter a lick to me if he likes 'em wide or skinny, 'murican or otherwise. Although it does beg the question..... Why do you care what he thinks or says? Do you like your choice? It was my general impression that all he was asking for was the opinions of people who own these cars already what they actually think after having owned them for a while, which is a completely reasonable question.

Just because this is a Corvette forum doesn't mean we need to be dicks to anybody who owns anything else. Just because I think that Corvettes are the best cars in the world doesn't mean that they really are, or that everyone who visits this forum should think so too.

Reactions: Spectre
With regard to the question on tires for the GS/Z06 vs Z51. I had the 2014 Z51 for over two years and 37,000 km and found the tires to be great. Treadwear was surprisingly good. They started out at 8mm of tread and when I traded at 37,000 they still had 4 mm. I found the tires great in the rain and I drove in a lot of it on long road trips. However, once the temperature got below 10C the traction was not great, below 5C they were downright slippery. I have found the tires on the new Grand Sport to be virtually identical in performance. If you are going to drive in temperatures under 10C I would strongly suggest that you swap out for some high performance all seasons. I understand from folks who have the high performance option on the GS that those tires are truly amazing on the track but quite tricky in the rain. Since I don't plan on swapping out tires it is now time to put the new GS to bed for the winter. Changed the oil this week and will put the battery tender on tomorrow. Even though delivery did not happen till later in September still managed to get 7800 km on her.
Thanks for this. Very helpful. I doubt I'd drive it much below 10 C, but I'm glad to hear that the stock wide rollers weren't automatic hydroplane donuts.

I wasn't offended, even if he has a Volksvagen avatar. haha.
I got a great laugh out of this this! Well played, sir. :Cheers2:

At least it's not a recalled diesel, am I right? Hey-oooo.....

[as an aside, I'd happily have a Vette avatar, but seeing as how I don't own one yet, and the C7 will be my first, I figured I'd go with what I have now]

And to the rest of your post, I agree 100%. I buy what I like and it need only please me (well.... and not enrage the better half!). I tend not to understand why anyone does otherwise (other than accounting for responsibilities of family, practicality, etc.) Cheers!

Last edited:
Oh its going to be a long winter season if this is the conversations.
Buy what you like not what you think others like. Maybe your just not ready to purchase a
car like this.

Damn.... interesting conversation and points of view shared by all... started by pitting C7 wide bodied corvettes vs the non wide bodied C7's

Wide or not wide its in the eyes of the beholder....Do I dare start a conversation of Convertible or Coupe? .... which is sexier?

Reactions: Riley P
Nice work Paul, poking the hornets nest. :D
I’ve always preferred the coupe. Except for the C2’s and now the Z06 or GS as a convertible.....I like both options.

Well Riley P- its the safest question one could ask..... whats not to like about either style : ) I have a T-Bird convert and I like the look top on or off... All the best to everyone for 2018, lets hope for health and prosperity.

Reactions: ddgermann
Well Riley P- its the safest question one could ask..... whats not to like about either style : ) I have a T-Bird convert and I like the look top on or off... All the best to everyone for 2018, lets hope for health and prosperity.

Ok Ok then.... I said Coupe but I did have a girlfriend once with an MGB that looked great anytime she had the top off..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.