This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Do it yourself frunk opener protection

Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
A little do it yourself inexpensive frunk protection.
I had many cigarette lighter chargers which of course I threw out about a year ago so I bought a USB charger for 9 bucks. I took it apart and removed the center contact so it won't work. I had a photo holder that I wasn't using so I cut it down, and experimented with hole locations. This is the result.

Reactions: pozi240 and Rebby
Here's my DIY solution: cut out a small piece of thin plexiglass (from 8X10 sheet purchased from Rona) and apply velcro strips using double-sided tape top/bottom. It's easily removed and covers only the switch, so retains full access to the plug-in:

The only time I need the plug is for the maintainer and there will be no rogue cans of beans in the frunk while the car is napping.

I haven’t investigated it since I don’t really use the frunk, but can’t the button be disabled? A fuse or maybe detach the wiring from the switch? I haven’t heard of frunks flying open in the longest of times.

No worries; just thought I'd give people a different option. I take it you're a HUGE fan of beans Murray!
It's actually a good option. I may just see if I have some Velcro around here somewhere and try it. I may even try some black plastic to keep my prisoners from escaping. lol

I haven’t investigated it since I don’t really use the frunk, but can’t the button be disabled? A fuse or maybe detach the wiring from the switch? I haven’t heard of frunks flying open in the longest of times.
You don't want to disable the button. You might actually be breaking laws if you do. I know it's a law that car companies have it.

You don't want to disable the button. You might actually be breaking laws if you do. I know it's a law that car companies have it.
It’s the tony soprano in me. How did that wire get dis-attached? Damn chevys!

Reactions: Murray20c8
After loading up the frunk, I feel much more comfortable with one of these contraptions than without. I have heard of it accidentally releasing on the newer recessed buttons as well.
Here is mine...
That is the one I was tempting to copy. I just copied netsinahs and it also works well. I haven't tested it with a can of beans yet, though.