Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
A little do it yourself inexpensive frunk protection.
I had many cigarette lighter chargers which of course I threw out about a year ago so I bought a USB charger for 9 bucks. I took it apart and removed the center contact so it won't work. I had a photo holder that I wasn't using so I cut it down, and experimented with hole locations. This is the result.

1626039148083.png

1626039187003.png

Reactions: pozi240 and Rebby
Here's my DIY solution: cut out a small piece of thin plexiglass (from 8X10 sheet purchased from Rona) and apply velcro strips using double-sided tape top/bottom. It's easily removed and covers only the switch, so retains full access to the plug-in:

Frunk Emergency Button Cover.jpg

Here's my DIY solution: cut out a small piece of thin plexiglass (from 8X10 sheet purchased from Rona) and apply velcro strips using double-sided tape top/bottom. It's easily removed and covers only the switch, so retains full access to the plug-in:

View attachment 84068
The only time I need the plug is for the maintainer and there will be no rogue cans of beans in the frunk while the car is napping. :p

I haven’t investigated it since I don’t really use the frunk, but can’t the button be disabled? A fuse or maybe detach the wiring from the switch? I haven’t heard of frunks flying open in the longest of times.

No worries; just thought I'd give people a different option. I take it you're a HUGE fan of beans Murray! :flaggame: :)
It's actually a good option. I may just see if I have some Velcro around here somewhere and try it. I may even try some black plastic to keep my prisoners from escaping. lol

I haven’t investigated it since I don’t really use the frunk, but can’t the button be disabled? A fuse or maybe detach the wiring from the switch? I haven’t heard of frunks flying open in the longest of times.
You don't want to disable the button. You might actually be breaking laws if you do. I know it's a law that car companies have it.

After loading up the frunk, I feel much more comfortable with one of these contraptions than without. I have heard of it accidentally releasing on the newer recessed buttons as well.
Here is mine...
That is the one I was tempting to copy. I just copied netsinahs and it also works well. I haven't tested it with a can of beans yet, though. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.