As a side note, I did look into price protection of my own order which I received allocation for on March 18th, the dealership never put an order into the system until they had allocation so I am paying the adjusted price, ah well.

There are numerous articles on the Web which quote that same announcement from GM and here are a couple in case you'd like to print them off and provide them to your dealer or the regional GM:

They deal with the US price increase but apply to Canada as well. Let us know what happens and good luck!
Contacted dealer and no reply yet. Will let you know. Thanks

I was pri
Hmmmm. It was my understanding that 1100 was price protected if your order was entered before March 1st (I think the deadline was the 1st?). If you signed an offer to purchase it should be price protected for sure.
I was price protected. And order DIDNT go to 3000 status until mid March. I asked dealer about it and he confirmed with his GM rep.

Hmmmm. It was my understanding that 1100 was price protected if your order was entered before March 1st (I think the deadline was the 1st?). If you signed an offer to purchase it should be price protected for sure.
I was price protected and my order went from 1100 to 3000 status around 2nd week of March. Dealer confirmed it with his GM rep. Currently sitting at 3300

My dealer is saying I have to wait for GM to decide if I get the price protection, says it will take 3-4 weeks to know if i get it. SRE Aug 2020 event code 2000 Feb 14. I have to pay full price then hope they get a refund cheque for me, my increase is $3215

My dealer is saying I have to wait for GM to decide if I get the price protection, says it will take 3-4 weeks to know if i get it. SRE Aug 2020 event code 2000 Feb 14. I have to pay full price then hope they get a refund cheque for me, my increase is $3215
If the order was put into the workbench prior to the price increase you will get a refund. My dealership isnt charging me on delivery, but will submit the claim and recover the money on their own. Its too bad yours is putting that on you initially!

Interesting to see how the different dealers are handling this whole thing, shout out to @Andrew Spencer at Bill Spencer Chevrolet for being great through the order process. Saved $2600 as a result of their process in place!

I've been dealing with this dealer for over 25 years, bought over 40 cars and trucks. I'm pretty confident I will get the refund just to bad I need to wait. They used to be a Pontiac dealer in the old days, so not overly big with the corvette side of things.

Great news. I received a cheque from my dealer Larry Hudson for the price increase that I paid. Full refund as well as the HST. They came through. Excellent work and followup

Reactions: AndrewJ
My car was status 1100 Dec 21, 2020, and status 2000 sometime after March 11, 2020 allocation. I was charged the old price as promised my by dealer (Cullen) even tho the window sticker had new increased price. So I saved $1500+tax=$1695 off of the new price

highly recommend Brian Cullen
Anyone here have experience with this at Spencers? I put down my deposit in June 2020, went status 2000 after March 11 also and have been told point blank by my sales rep that I am not eligible for the rebate. Is Spencers just pocketing this money?

Anyone here have experience with this at Spencers? I put down my deposit in June 2020, went status 2000 after March 11 also and have been told point blank by my sales rep that I am not eligible for the rebate. Is Spencers just pocketing this money?
The dealer qualifies for the rebate, not you. Providing you with "price protection" is discretionary (i.e. it is up to the dealer to pass the "rebate" (price protection) money back to you but they are not obliged to). Good luck.

The dealer qualifies for the rebate, not you. Providing you with "price protection" is discretionary (i.e. it is up to the dealer to pass the "rebate" (price protection) money back to you but they are not obliged to). Good luck.
If in fact you are correct that it is the dealer that qualifies for the "price protection" and at their discretion to pass it along or not to the buyer, but the information that I pass along to others and post to forums is at my discretion....

When I picked up my car I had to tell the dealer about the price protection. They tried to tell me that they do not price protect from model year to model year because initially I ordered a 2020. I corrected them and told them about the increase in March and how they will be getting a credit for the difference and how I should get it. I sent my salesman the video from Rick Conti (link below)explaining this. Next time I saw him they told me they should have the credit in 3 weeks then they will cut me a cheque. If your dealing with a low volume dealer they will not likely know about the price protection. Hope this helps.

• Agree
Reactions: AndrewJ and Sybran
If your dealer is honest you will have *price protection*.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.