I had the first oil change done at 10,000 km. in Dec. by the dealer as they throw in a free oil change at their expense. This spring when I get to about 12,000 km. I will have the DCT & oil change done through GM. Since I get 2 free oil changes by GM within 2 yrs. (Bought the C8 in Nov. 22) so will have GM do the second oil change this coming Nov..

I had the first oil change done at 10,000 km. in Dec. by the dealer as they throw in a free oil change at their expense. This spring when I get to about 12,000 km. I will have the DCT & oil change done through GM. Since I get 2 free oil changes by GM within 2 yrs. (Bought the C8 in Nov. 22) so will have GM do the second oil change this coming Nov..
Let us know if you manage to get the DCT done free on the 2nd service. So many sources I have read that say the DCT can be claimed through GM only on service one.

Let us know if you manage to get the DCT done free on the 2nd service. So many sources I have read that say the DCT can be claimed through GM only on service one.
There are so many links on this.....for once and for all.....The DCT free service can be done on either of the 2 oil changes providing it's within 2 yrs......

On the 2023 vehicles, do the initial free/included oil change visits transfer with ownership of the car if they were not used. The vehicle I am waiting for is used and has 6,400km on it. There is no record (as far as I can see) of the vehicle being serviced by the original owner until it was traded in to a Porsche dealership who did an oil and filter on the vehicle as part of the safety/certification.

If I check the vin on the Chevy warranty check it shows the service visits as good until 24 months past the in service date (March 30th, 2023) so, for the next year.

On the 2023 vehicles, do the initial free/included oil change visits transfer with ownership of the car if they were not used. The vehicle I am waiting for is used and has 6,400km on it. There is no record (as far as I can see) of the vehicle being serviced by the original owner until it was traded in to a Porsche dealership who did an oil and filter on the vehicle as part of the safety/certification.

If I check the vin on the Chevy warranty check it shows the service visits as good until 24 months past the in service date (March 30th, 2023) so, for the next year.
I believe the warranty and service offers follow the car VIN. You should be able to get the DCT service done at no extra charge this fall before you store it for the winter.

I am getting my 1st oil change done tomorrow. I made it very clear I do NOT want the DCT touched as I only have 3600kms on the car.

My oil life monitor is saying 19% oil life remaining. I should have unhooked my battery when my car was in storage all winter. :)
The oil life monitor is mostly just a clock. Unless you are hard on your car the oil life monitor clicks down to 1 year.

Reactions: Noreplacement