I wouldn’t pay that kind of money for a PPF plastic wrap. There is a “new” PPS - Paint Protection Spray. It’s the spray-on version of PPF. I might be interested in that, but again, not for 7-8k
I checked for PPS around here.... in Europe a full car is about 5000 Euros....so far I think there are only 5 places in NA and all in the USofA.....I would think TO or MTL might have one soon....I have not found anything here in Ottawa.

Reactions: Sparro
In the old days I would grab a can or two of 3M interior protection spray from Crappy Tire. Then later when leather seats became the norm, i never used anything. I would clean and protect with a quality product again from Crappy Tire and I've never had an issue.

• Winner
Reactions: OttawaKev
The Line-x dealer here in Petawawa is a certified installer for XPEL, went to talk to him last week was happily surprised that a knife isn't used during application it's all computer precut then just applied.He recommended maybe not doing the whole car with PPF just the high debris areas like front bumper, lower doors/skirts for example and ceramic coat the rest.I will be wrapping the Targa roof carbon flash so no worries for that removing it and storing it in the trunk. An example of cost is $350 for the front bumper, we should try a group buy here or ottawa. I'm good friends with the owner so I think he would be motivated to give us a deal to have some C8's to promote.
looking at some stuff here in Ottawa as well have been chatting with Dave (BossofGloss)

Just protect the areas susceptible to getting pitted by flying debris. I have my front bumper, hood, front fenders, door sills, mirror backs, door latch coves and fuel access hatch done. Into it for about $2,500. It does make a big difference. I look at my windshield pitting after 5 years and 20k, while my paint still looks showroom...

Good point, maybe just complete front and lower areas around the car. I use Advanced Automotive Films in the GTA. I might give them a call and see what prices for the C8 are.

I know this is an old thread..... de-badging for PPF, but considering leaving them off. Not trying to hide the identity, to my eye the removal highlights the body lines as opposed to breaking them up. Full PPF in super picky Ottawa shop approx. 6000$
Goldwing? because Derand is half the price

With PPF installation, you get what you pay for. Not suggesting you go to the most expensive shop and waste money, but proper application on a tricky body type will cost more money. Ever seen a mirror wrapped with a little kink in the wrap? Takes more time to do it properly. More time equals more money.

With PPF installation, you get what you pay for. Not suggesting you go to the most expensive shop and waste money, but proper application on a tricky body type will cost more money. Ever seen a mirror wrapped with a little kink in the wrap? Takes more time to do it properly. More time equals more money.
I agree. 99% of the time you get what you pay for. Check out what kind of cars the shop works on and thats all you need to know. The place I went to works on some cars that are worth ten times what my car if worth. It was well worth the price I paid to get the whole car wrapped and ceramic coated. Did a flawless job and I am very picky. Plus they stand behind their work. If there is ever a problem they said bring it back and they will correct it. I might add they have been in business for 23 years. You don't stick around that long if you aren't good.
IMG_3538.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.