I plan on having mine removed before it leaves the dealership for a couple of reason a) I don't like the look of the emblem b) makes it harder to apply PPF, ceramic coating, cleaning etc

Attachments

• https___s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com_the-drive-cms-content-staging_message-editor%252F1570060797...jpg
    https___s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com_the-drive-cms-content-staging_message-editor%252F1570060797...jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 54
I plan on having mine removed before it leaves the dealership for a couple of reason a) I don't like the look of the emblem b) makes it harder to apply PPF, ceramic coating, cleaning etc
For PPF they should remove it for you in the process from the online applications I have seen...I think it is kind of cool as well :)

Cheers,

Kevin

Gilles do you know about how much the PPF will cost are.... also will you doing the complete car?

Cheers,

Kevin

Gilles do you know about how much the PPF will cost are.... also will you doing the complete car?

Cheers,

Kevin
The Line-x dealer here in Petawawa is a certified installer for XPEL, went to talk to him last week was happily surprised that a knife isn't used during application it's all computer precut then just applied.He recommended maybe not doing the whole car with PPF just the high debris areas like front bumper, lower doors/skirts for example and ceramic coat the rest.I will be wrapping the Targa roof carbon flash so no worries for that removing it and storing it in the trunk. An example of cost is $350 for the front bumper, we should try a group buy here or ottawa. I'm good friends with the owner so I think he would be motivated to give us a deal to have some C8's to promote.

Reactions: OttawaKev
The Line-x dealer here in Petawawa is a certified installer for XPEL, went to talk to him last week was happily surprised that a knife isn't used during application it's all computer precut then just applied.He recommended maybe not doing the whole car with PPF just the high debris areas like front bumper, lower doors/skirts for example and ceramic coat the rest.I will be wrapping the Targa roof carbon flash so no worries for that removing it and storing it in the trunk. An example of cost is $350 for the front bumper, we should try a group buy here or ottawa. I'm good friends with the owner so I think he would be motivated to give us a deal to have some C8's to promote.
Okay awesome news let me check around here as well I just might have an in somewhere. I am going to wrap part of it as well, from what I have been reading on some sites wrap is cheaper and gives some cool design ideas as well as protecting Orig. Paint.

So let me check on the PPF here in Ottawa. Any savings is a good savings.

Cheers,
Kevin

My stingray emblem is coming off for sure. Probably the corvette lettering as well. I will most likely leave the cross flags on the front cause they don't look that bad.
I bet if you were to take off corvette most people would assume it's european, I don't care for the script that much but will not remove it because of Japanese cruiser bikes bebagging their Honda's so people think they are Harleys, same thing unless you add Corvette somewhere else

Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.