This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dealerships selling way too high for used C7?

Edit : After a few back and forth emails he's not dropping his price of 61K even if his listing is 60K on Autotrader. Then after a few more emails, either 61K the way it sits or 57K and he puts the stock exhaust back in. My GF told me to dream on it! haha. That's what I'll do...take my time to think it over or wait till another one shows up.

You guys are insane paying $60k for a 2014. My last C7 which was a '17 2LT Grand Sport was $65k. I just picked up a 6,000km 3LZ Z06 for not much more than that. $60k for a 2014 Stingray is robbery.

It's awesome you got awesome deals. Tell me did the exterior color and interior colors matter to you? Maybe that's why you got a good deal?

Unfortunately I've been scouring the entire country for a grey one, manual transmission, with red seats and performance exhaust. I've search all the ads I could think of, kijiji and various combos of that site, autotrader, car guru, les pac, cavendre. There's only 2 in the entire country based on my small checklist The last one has a an 8,500$ exhaust put in. I just spent 6 hours looking in the USA and thinking if I'm going to the trouble of importing one. I'm seriously thinking on pulling the trigger on the last one because I think I won't be able to find another that's all red inside including the dash trim.

Sure I could get a white 1LT with red seats for a good price of 50K but I don't really like white.

Reactions: Rruuff Day

You could buy the following car for $59,000, and pay a shop $2-3,000 to wrap it silver, or heck, get a new paint job. I had my previous Audi R8 wrapped matte black and you could not tell, whatsoever. That would still be worth it instead of overpaying $15,000 on that car.

Last edited:
I'd get the white one for $50,000 and get it painted. I still think that's too high for a 2014 1LT. What kind of exhaust did the guy get for $8500? A titanium Akrovic is about $6500.

Last edited:
Don’t worry about what others say if you want the exact car that they have and it is not for sale anywhere else just do it but work them as hard as you can to get to your price. In the end of the day it doesn’t matter what the rest of us think or say it’s totally up to you and if you over pay slightly to get exactly what you want sometimes that’s just the way it is

Reactions: 12cents
I'd get the white one for $50,000 and get it painted. I still think that's too high for a 2014 1LT. What kind of exhaust did the gut get for $8500? A titanium Akrovic is about $6500.

For the car in the link it's in Edmonton, that's like a 4-6 day bus ride to sign some papers(Can't take a plane) and how many thousands of dollars for delivery? Everything West of Edmonton is way cheaper than the East. If it was spring maybe I would drive one back, that would be cool.

A paint job is a heck of a lot of money done by a paint shop, to do it right at least, I wonder 4,5,6K??. I painted several cars in my lifetime some ended up real nice but they end up with a few flies stuck in the paint and a few streaks! A wrap is an interesting idea but how hard is to find a reputable place in my area. They cost 2-3 thousand, you sure about that, not more?

For the exhaust it states -Akrapovic Exhaust $8,090 installed...I repeat he'll let it go for 57K no exhaust. I just hope he'd put the factory one back in! I found a few videos for the sound but there are installed on Z06 and I'm not good at determining the difference in sound it makes a wow factor compared to stock and if I want them for an extra 4K.

Last edited:

I spent half the day emailing back and forth. Price is firm at 61 or 57K with the exhaust taken out. Alas I haven't been searching more than a couple of weeks for a C7 so it's unknown how often they come up. I won't be counting sheep going to bed this weekend but crunching some numbers!

I purchased my Z06 sight unseen and had it delivered to my house. You can sign everything electronically or they can courier all paperwork to you and you send it back signed. Dealerships usually have transportation companies they can work with and I reckon it'll cost $1,500 or so to ship. They might even cover it if you tell them right off of the bat which I didn't do!

Even at $57,000, it's overpriced. You're getting a 3 year newer Grand Sport with less mileage and more options for pretty much the same amount.

In Quebec Grand Sports start off at 68.5K up to 100K +15 % taxes
In Ontario Grand Sports start off at 62K up to 100K + 13 % taxes + Safety check

Just fun talking about this one but not really interested in it.
I don't know If I could see myself in a red 2017 grand sport with gray seats with an automatic I can't even rev a little, but it's only a 20 minute drive from my house...

I still think the Alberta Grand Sport is a fantastic deal. There are a lot of companies that wrap vehicles nowadays and they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Reactions: Tango
I still think the Alberta Grand Sport is a fantastic deal. There are a lot of companies that wrap vehicles nowadays and they shouldn't be too hard to find.

So I slept on it and I think the 2014 Z51 is a little over priced. You know what I'll take your advice and call them this morning with this time zone thing. Thank you for pointing the car out. Thanks to everyone giving me their advice! Once I have it I can wrap it to a color I want and all it needs is a red dash trim which can be bought on ebay. It would be a purchase sight unseen and shipped to my door.

I'm keeping an open mind on other cars and I'll be looking to find a black stingray or a z51 or a grand sport and wrap it to grey with some pattern effects or something. Do you think they can wrap inside the doors and tight corners? My guess is a black car wrapped into grey is fine because black parts they can't wrap will blend in but if I find a red/blue/yellow car it may be a big problem?

Last edited:
Don't forget to ask about the nature of the Carfax reported $3k non-collision damage. If you get serious I can take a look for you I'm 10 min away. Ok dealership....

Tango, if you like a plain 1lt m7 in black I think this is a smoking deal with super low mileage....

2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - Touch Screen,

That is a very good price. Pay no attention to the "Optional Equipment" list. Everything listed is standard equipment. Doesn't have NPP exhaust so if that's important, a decent aftermarket axleback will run you around a thousand bucks. Running an ad for an NPP tht someone has changed out might work too.

Don't forget to ask about the nature of the Carfax reported $3k non-collision damage. If you get serious I can take a look for you I'm 10 min away. Ok dealership....

I wouldn’t be worried as it’s non-collision. A front splitter and associated parts would be $3K. I was going to pull the trigger on that car before my Z if it wasn’t a manual!

Reactions: Tango
Reactions: frankmp

Users who are viewing this thread