The OEM battery is 39 lbs. I bought a Braille battery in October 2014. At 21 lbs it's still going strong, 5 winters later. I keep the maintainer plugged in during the car's hibernation. Question: why refer to the car as a "she"? I always refer to it as a it.:Confused5:
I dont get a kick out of saying ``I am going to hop in Harry for a ride``

The OEM battery is 39 lbs. I bought a Braille battery in October 2014. At 21 lbs it's still going strong, 5 winters later. I keep the maintainer plugged in during the car's hibernation. Question: why refer to the car as a "she"? I always refer to it as a it.:Confused5:

Actually I didn't see where he referred to the car as a "she" but whatever... I refer to mine as a she as well. Her name is Ginger ( my wife named her...) My diesel truck is referred to a 'he'.

• Haha
Reactions: Tango

Did I refer to the car as a she? Where? In the quote the only "she" reference is the manager who accompanied us(woman) and her boss(woman).

Another thing, in French each object has to be identified as male or female to be able to conjugate it in a sentence. So a car in French, a motor bike, a bicycle, or a pick up truck carries a female characteristic. If it's a heavy truck, a plane it has a male characteristic.

The owner of the red corvette in the same warehouse talks to "her" calling it "her darling".

Hi D :Seeya:

Dealers are selling too high only if someone is buying too high in someone else's opinion.
I struggle to concur that many owners are going to price their C7 to get rid of them.

I agree.... I think..lol.... .. If dealers are selling them too high and buyers are buying them too high, then in my opinion, the price is not too high.... :Biggrin:

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
Another thing, in French ... The owner of the red corvette in the same warehouse talks to "her" calling it "her darling".
Perhaps you mean the rouge ones ? :thumbs:
I actually notice it more with the other two primary colours ... especially one of them. :angelic:
(only saying it as I see it ...and it really is no bother to me at all)

I agree.... I think..lol.... .. If dealers are selling them too high and buyers are buying them too high, then in my opinion, the price is not too high.... :Biggrin:

Well not quite I think, we have no other choice to pay up if we really want one because of the "cornered market". If it was a commodity like at walmart and Target then we know what happened to Target. I wouldn't buy a mustang or dodge or whatever sports car with a price tag of 20K under what a C7 goes for because of the savings. I wanted the C7 style and I had to "pony up". If our exchange rate wasn't an issue I would of gotten a Z06 fully loaded in the states.

Asking Price and Selling Price are not the same. When used incorrectly in context, threads get longer.
We all see Asking Price (seller)
We rarely get to know Selling Price (negotiated price)

and then there’s actual Purchase Price (whether all-in, with add-ons, finance costs ... and on and on) which 99% of the time makes no real difference to anyone other than to the Buyer.

all variable ... especially perceived value

However the Corvette Grin is priceless

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobravenomous
I bought on November 2nd..... wheeled and dealed for a few weeks before..... In the end I got a brand new 2LT GS, 21% off MSRP. Bought in the off season to get the deal..... now I would pay extra just to drive it! :Nopity::Nopity:
Pay your US$1000 with all that $$$ you saved and then a little more to grab a cheap vegas vacation flight and head to the COS in Spring Mountain. Come back and tell us all about getting to drive ... then you can join the rest of us in our agony for spring ... 😂 ... ya ... just do it 👍🏻

Last edited:
Pay your US$1000 with all that $$$ you saved and then a little more to grab a cheap vegas vacation flight and head to the COS in Spring Mountain. Come back and tell us all about getting to drive ... then you can join us in our agony for spring ... 😂 ... ya ... just do it 👍🏻

I'm in 😎

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.