Given the fact that you have named the Dealer, you may as well post the video now.
I'm sure (almost) that you will get an impartial review by the membership.
In fairness to Steve Scherer, of Kitchener, shouldn't all evidence now be tabled?
Post the vid.
Given the fact that you have named the Dealer, you may as well post the video now.
In fairness to Steve Scherer, of Kitchener, shouldn't all evidence now be tabled?
Post the vid.
Post the vid.

Netsinah. I will respectfully disagree. :Seeya:

I believe all .... most .... many .... one (???) LEOs would investigate street racing complaints. Especially when there seems to be solid evidence like this case. Whether a charge is laid is at their (police) discretion and NOT the car owners.

Internet reviews .... waste of time IMHO.

OTOH. Asking advice from this community is something I would do.

Also I'd like to hear from a lawyer (maybe on this forum?) regarding potential success with a civil suit?
:Cheers2:
IIRC, Toronto cops recently went after and charged a knucklehead that videoed himself racing his C8 against a crotch rocket bike. I believe the idiot posted the video on social media, and was arrested and charged. Car impounded as evidence.
Many hits....
Can't fix stupid

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dik
What?
You can do as you please with your own car, but I doubt anyone here would appreciate having some stranger abusing theirs.
How he's handling it may not be to your liking, but his point is certainly valid.
What on Earth is a "b***h"?
Never mind - I got it - I was too busy deciphering "many car fastest" to give it the attention it deserved.

Trying to upload the video and it's saying something about not having the right extension.
They are MP4's so it should upload, but it might be too big or some other issue. I always use Youtube. It's easier and under your control.

Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I would definitely notify them and the next step is up to them.
If they become "jerks" about it, I would go nuclear on them.
But then I am a "bit" of a jerk myself !!!!
Great choice for the color of your C8.

In the old days things were different.

Had my brand new 1973 in to the dealership on Young street for them to fix the front end damage that occurred while they were unloading it off the transport truck and had less than 400 miles on the car, Said car would be ready by Friday afternoon, got a call in the morning won’t be ready pick it up Monday morning.
Picked up the car on Monday and it had Over 200 miles put on over the weekend! Found out salesman took the vette to Ottawa for the weekend!
Had the salesman Fired ! new oil and filter changed , extended warranty and an apologies from the owner in person of the dealership and general manger.

Curious what you guys would do? Back story... Car went in for paint repair covered by warranty around front clip/headlight area. Dealer dropped it off at a body repair shop nearby. When I got my car back, I checked out the pdr to see how my car was treated. The video of the return trip to the dealership showed me that 37 seconds from a cold start the tach was ran up over 5700 rpm (the suggested rpm of the car that early would have still been 4500 rpm) the speed limit on this street is 50km/h but he was going 119 km/h (if he had been pulled over, my car would have been impounded) When I contacted them, they guarantied me that they didn't do it and blamed the paint shop. During this same email the service manager told me that he personally drove the car to and from the paint shop. I then sent him a clip of the video to show that it was him as the end of the trip was back at the dealership. Days later I get a response that the car needed this as there is a TSB for a misfire and that he was doing me a favor lol, TSB #21-NA-123 Sorry for the long post, but what do you think?
Get him fired!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.