Just an update. The crisis has been averted and they have agreed to do the filter change for free as it should be. I don't think these guys meant any malice. I just don't think they get too many vettes in for service and didn't have any idea there was a complimentary DCT filter change. GM should do a better job communicating these things to the dealers.

Now they get to use your car for Maintenance Training. Good luck Papa lol...

Sorry, I should have read this carefully the first time.
I thought is was the OIL CHANGE that they were denying. I see it was the DCT filter change. My bad!

I can understand from a business point of view that doing this prior to the 3years/12000km would be a waste of resources for GM and their shops.
Personally if I wanted it done early and it gave me piece of mind I would pay of it, but should not be needed unless you are tracking this car heavily.

More than likely, they get a million service memos, updates, etc. and this one can easily be forgotten.
But easy to read online! Especially if they have a copy of it.

All service advisors and mechanics are not created equal. Ask for Marlinda next time you are in Nurse’s service bays. She has gone above and beyond the past 3 years for me. If she does not know, she will find out for you. No BS. I have seen lot of C8’s pass through that dealer, including a re & re motor and DCT.
Thank you so much! I'm new to Whitby so not familiar with them at all. My advisor was very nice and professional as well but I think maybe she just didnt know.