Don't know about you but while I like the look of the Gen 6 cars, all four of the Cup races were pretty boring, follow the leader racing. Every time someone pulled out of line to make the pass they hit the 'wall of air' and couldn't pass the leader. Harvick held on twice and 'Wild Thing' did the same thing as '5-Time'. I was hoping Jr and Martin had enough to catch and pass, especially with BK creeping in there too but once again the leader held on and was really uncontested. :confused:
I'll hold off really complaining till after Phoenix and we get rid of the restrictor plates but for my money I prefer the tag team racing of Daytona a couple of years ago to the single file, follow the leader, afraid to step out of line racing we saw for the Cup racers at this year's Daytona!
The 'armchair experts' were yapping about track records falling this year with the Gen 6 cars. I understand they are lighter (Danica had to add weight to the car to meet minimum) which would explain some of the speed but we'll have to see if Phoenix isn't a different story. Relatively new layout and pavement should be a good combination.

By the way, I'm disappointed there weren't a lot of RCR fans out there on the Forum! Number 3 forever! Harvick and Boyer have my vote (Menard doesn't count). Although Harvick and Tony will be tough combo to beat next year!:coolgleam:

Thanks stpman, I stand corrected!
Not the first time I've been more than a year behind!

I actually still like Boyer; we'll see if last year was a fluke or whether MWR was really a good move for him!

With Harvick leaving I think RCR will have to wait for Austin to come to the forefront. Burton and Menard .............. field fillers.

sunday's phoenix race should give us a better idea of how the gen 6 car performs. too difficult to tell with the restrictor plates. my early guess is the hendrick boys will be the first to figure it out. i would bet that anything learned at daytona won't be of much use on non-plate tracks.

sunday's phoenix race should give us a better idea of how the gen 6 car performs. too difficult to tell with the restrictor plates. my early guess is the hendrick boys will be the first to figure it out. i would bet that anything learned at daytona won't be of much use on non-plate tracks.

:agree: with the facilities Hendrick has (if you've never been you have to see it) and the # of people working on the cars the only teams to bive them a run for the money figuring things out would have to be the Gibbs teams

:agree: with the facilities Hendrick has (if you've never been you have to see it) and the # of people working on the cars the only teams to bive them a run for the money figuring things out would have to be the Gibbs teams

definitly a tour of all the shops in charlotte is high up on my to do list. also a trip to v max dragway to see some 4 wide action and a pass in one of doug foley's pro comp dragsters. :coolgleam:

What channel is that on Doug? I couldn't find it in the guide.
tnx
C.

Bookmarked --

Cheers Wayne.
icon14.gif

I've used that site for many years... or is it Manny years

..anyway here is some background on it, it's a Canadian original.

As part of Toronto Star Wheels and wheels.ca’s commitment to providing the finest coverage of all things automotive, including competition, it is my pleasure today to announce the addition to our lineup of "George’s TV listings for race fans." Link here

Updated weekly, George’s TV listings will provide one-stop shopping for Canadian race fans looking to find television coverage of their favourite sport, from pre-race programming to race coverage itself.

As a bonus, in the case of NASCAR programming in particular, the listings will not only include the time the race program will come on but also the time the race will actually start (which is great for people setting recorders for viewing at a later time).

The TV list is a labour of love for retired Oakville high school chemistry teacher George Webster, who took it up as a hobby after he stopped going to, and writing about, races.

Webster has been a fan of motorsport since the mid-1950s and started writing about sports car racing, the Can-Am, Formula Atlantic and Formula One in 1976 for Pete Chapman’s Wheelspin News.

He travelled to Europe for F1 races and wrote about the Canadian and U.S. Grands Prix up until 1982 when he shifted his attention to NASCAR while writing for Motoring News.

"I hated oval racing," Webster was saying the other day, "but I went to Michigan and Darlington in 1982 and came to appreciate NASCAR for the strategy - or lack of strategy, to be more exact.

"That might sound strange, but it’s not. In F1, everybody knows everybody else’s race strategy right from the start; in NASCAR, the only strategy they have is not to crash on the first lap. After that, they react to circumstance and make it up on the fly as a result of what happens during the race. Watching, it can be fascinating."

He joined PRN magazine in 1988 and wrote about NASCAR until he saw an ad in National Speed Sport News in 1997 seeking someone to cover CART. He applied and got the job.

In 1999, he stopped covering the Indy cars and rejoined PRN to write about NASCAR on an occasional basis. He also wrote for goracing.com in the early days of the Internet.

In 2000, borrowing an idea from the U.S. provider Compuserve, Webster started RaceFanTV, a racing listings service for U.S. as well as Canadian viewers, and worked on it year-‘round until a few years ago when another listings service took it over.

Although still contributing articles on historic racing to PRN, Webster admitted to having time on his hands - we occasionally meet for breakfast - and so when I suggested to him several months ago that he consider a Canadian listings service for wheels.ca readers, he agreed.

The timing couldn’t be more perfect as NASCAR’s season has started, Formula One will be back in action a week from this coming weekend in Australia, the 12 Hours of Sebring is scheduled for March 17 and the IZOD IndyCar Series will kick off its 2012 schedule at the end of the month.

With so much going on, a listings service is required and George's on wheels.ca would seem to fit the bill.

So bookmark the link. And tell all your friends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread