I would offer the shop my friend owns, as he is very good with mechanics, but the drive to Saskatoon might make it uneconomical. :D

I believe the forum is in search of a new shop and will confirm with Nik if we have found anyone.

So where can we take our cars to, in the GTA (Toronto area) that is reputable, decent on pricing and has qualified techs that will do proper work? Please advise. Thanks.

The shops that I know of, and I'm in no way recommending or ordering them by preference that specialize in GM cars (or are at the very least strongly associated with GM performance work):

Stevenson Specialty Cars, Port Perry
Champion, Toronto
SPI Tuning (near Hamilton)
CC Performance (not sure where they are but I think in the Kitchener area)
I think Redline Auto in Scarborough used to do some work on vettes but I've not heard from them in years so may be wrong

There are of course a number of other 'shops' in or around the GTA that do great work on performance cars but are not widely seen as GM specialty shops should you not be happy with the current selection.

My usual mechanical shop is very knowledgeable. Both owners which are the hands on mechanics have race cars. One being a very large HP nitro dragster.
I will likely be going that route. They are just so damn busy doing regular cars it's tough for them to work on specialty stuff. Although.... they do have much more time in the summer months.

Caledonia Tire and Automotive.

Bill

I've read mixed reviews about Champion. Some love them, others not so much. They do work on specialty cars, vettes, camaros, etc.Does anyone here have experience with them?

Tyho, I have not used Champion so I have no real opinion. I can tell you that Stevenson's in Port Perry has worked on my car and given some advice on other ideas for it. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Tough decision I know.

My previous C6 got a little bit of work done at Champion. I'm pretty tough to please, but I'd say I'm neutral on them. If there were another option that I thought was better, I'd go with them, but I wouldn't really have any issue heading back to Champion either.

IMG_4744.JPG
We only had our car into Manny's shop once but the work was quick and first class. Gave us the grand tour on our first meeting and we were impressed. We were to a show and that was great too. Sorry to see him move on. Having said that I would have to be pretty desperate to have a business dealing with the general public. I have a hard time to be diplomatic when someone is being a jerk and the public is full of them. Deal with the public every day, then you deserve every penny that you make. There is a certain segment of Corvette owners who fall into this category and they make it bad for everyone else. Corvettes are nice cars and do everything well and at a price that a fair few people can afford. The top horsepower Corvettes today might run with Lambos but they are not in that league of refinement. They are what they are and we enjoy ours thoroughly for what it is. It certainly isn't an ego trip for us.

I am 100% with you on this statement keith. I own a 7 service bay shop and dealing with the public and employees is not always fun. The rewards might be good, but at a cost.

I am sure Patrick at the Corvette Plus store in Montreal, who have to deal with customers all day long must agree that not all customers are fun to deal with. He his always giving the best possible service to the corvette enthusiasts but for some, the best will never be enough .

Stephane

Last edited:
Would like to know Dave's number and shop location. Was more than pleased with how we were treated in the past and with the work done. It has been worth the drive to get the work done right by experienced people.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.