You're 5
Jul 19, 2015
Wellington County Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1973-LS4 2002/04-Z06
Province
ON
Just read tweet on Dasilva Motorsports closing?? Website n Facebook offline as well. Anyone have information on what is/has happened.

Thanks,
Andy/C5ZED06

Just read tweet on Dasilva Motorsports closing?? Website n Facebook offline as well. Anyone have information on what is/has happened.

Thanks,
Andy/C5ZED06

I think only Manny can comment on the reasons behind this. Rest of the rumours are just that... Gossip.

I have been told that the existing shop and assets will be taken over by new management. I don't have further details beyond that.

If Dave is taking over, all is good. He is well versed with the shop and does an excellent job. I would have no problem taking my car to Dave, as he has done work for me before. Best of luck.

Reactions: ddgermann
This is from Manny himself on the other Forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boss
Do you have a clue of what happened to create that situation???
shrug.gif

Maybe just not of ours business
Lets hope for the best

No situation Boss , just wanted a change in my life and a change of career .

Not what all the haters want to hear , and certainly not what they have been spreading on the internet but hey f--k them and their hatred. .

Its funny how people that never spent a dime at the shop or even visited the shop like to talk as if they did, and those that like to stir the pot... well ......some people just need to get a life .

Finally , to all those that supported the shop over the years , a heart felt thanks .......Dave will do very well with his company
RS Autocraft

There is no more talented guy than Dave in this business in Canada , tuning , fabrication and design he is the real deal and the guy that made Dasilva Motorsports a success.

Please give him a chance .

Thats it , no more Corvette's for me , no more drama .

Bye now Last edited by OntarioZ06; 10-13-2017 at 06:52 PM

... Thats it , no more Corvette's for me , no more drama ...

Interesting when reading, how an event unfolds ...
Unless this is incorrectly quoted ... this Businessman's statement is painting Corvette Owners with the same brush; We are "drama ..."
This parting comment leaves it appearing that we have been collectively judged whether knowing him, him know us, or not, and it does factor in on how each one of us can take this.

On a selfish note, I didn't roll the dice, endure any "drama" (his words not mine) and see which side I landed on ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Toxix
The few times I have contacted Manny for advice his replies were quick and helpful. The fact is, he replied when he didn't have to and for that he has my many thanks and respect. It must of taken something to knock the passion out of Manny. .Probably has been building up for a while though. I for one wish him luck in the future at whatever he chooses to do and look forward to advice and comments from Dave. I may not be very vocal about it, but I certainly enjoy the builds the shop takes on and decides to post.

So it is true.

While I'm sure that there are people who have had good, bad and the full range of experiences with Manny, I would just like to interject with my "Golden Rule".

This is - "Those who criticize have to do better". You'd be surprised how many times in my life this has helped me to refrain from speaking.

And yes, I know that when you are running a business you need to mindful of your customers. I would probably not ever consider such a line of work even if I was capable of doing so. I'v worked in jobs where I was at the mercy of the public and it was not enjoyable sometimes. Thus why in the end after 20 years of politics I elected to leave................while I was highly regarded at my profession overall, I always had detractors. I left and told them to take over if they dared. Oddly, no one took me up on my offer and the group folded as a consequence.

Best of luck to them all, Manny on his new career and Dave on his new adventure!!

Cheers,

Garry

So sorry to hear about Manny leaving the business he started and seemed to enjoy so much, I purchased my car through him and he treated me very well. We also attended a couple of his annual fund raising events and enjoyed them very much. All the best to you Manny, i'm sure you will be a success at whatever you decide to do, you are a class act. ... Rob

Reactions: ddgermann
I know that Manny sold the business to Dave some time ago. Has anyone gone there since or done business with Dave? Is the shop still there and what is the name/how do I get in touch with them? Dave did a great job on my car.

I have heard absolutely nothing about them. I would like to know what happened to my buddy and forum member Justin (LSXtasy?) who was working at Manny's as well. He has been MIA for a long time now. Hope he is alright.

Really hope that Dave has a plan for getting started back up.

Hey Tyho!

As you know, Dasilva changed hands, which has left a bit of a gap for recommending a place. As Nik states, the reason why many sold his business and decided to move to something else is all speculation, but we want to wish him well in his future endeavors and hope to find someone new that can support our communities technical and performance needs.

Here was the first thread on the topic.

Dasilva Motorsports?

So where can we take our cars to, in the GTA (Toronto area) that is reputable, decent on pricing and has qualified techs that will do proper work? Please advise. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.