Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
went to move the 2016 out of the way so Ican park the corvette on top the lift and have the lower class mustang on the ground,
No luck dead

So I put the trickle charger on it for 26 hours and nothing

Put a big charger on it at 2 amps and after 20 seconds it began to click like a cat purring for about 4 seconds
and the pause for one second and then click for 4 seconds
what the heck is going on, could not get into glove box, electric is dead,
that is where the manual is
and had to use the key in the rear and the door pull.

Do I try a smaller battery charger tomorrow?

Jeff the lonely and cold

Lol...No gang. Just me and whoever drops in to jam with me on the rare occasion...I don't play nearly as much as I should... Just like any other hobby.
And good use of the word "wail".... Often I have been likened to a wailing coyote caught in a leg trap...o_O More so after 3:00 am.... :sicktongue:

doggy.jpg

Lol...No gang. Just me and whoever drops in to jam with me on the rare occasion...I don't play nearly as much as I should... Just like any other hobby.
And good use of the word "wail".... Often I have been likened to a wailing coyote caught in a leg trap...o_O More so after 3:00 am.... :sicktongue:

View attachment 21673

Sounds good to me Man. 👍

Reactions: Rruuff Day
took longer to find this forum than put the battery back together again, started up backed it up 2 feet, then lowered the mustang nd decided not to back out the put the corvette on the top lift,

put a charger on the mustang to top it off as the trickle charger got it close, will finish tomorrow

just to make Derek spew again all was going good until connected the black as I am tightening the post

Alarm went off and fob would not work even inside the vehicle
had to get the other fob and by then it quit

went back and tightened the black and all is good, gee wiz scared me as I looked around to see who or whom was trying to steal the car,

Later eh

took longer to find this forum than put the battery back together again, started up backed it up 2 feet, then lowered the mustang nd decided not to back out the put the corvette on the top lift,

put a charger on the mustang to top it off as the trickle charger got it close, will finish tomorrow

just to make Derek spew again all was going good until connected the black as I am tightening the post

Alarm went off and fob would not work even inside the vehicle
had to get the other fob and by then it quit

went back and tightened the black and all is good, gee wiz scared me as I looked around to see who or whom was trying to steal the car,

Later eh

Spew?
Please explain

went to move the 2016 out of the way so Ican park the corvette on top the lift and have the lower class mustang on the ground,
No luck dead

So I put the trickle charger on it for 26 hours and nothing

Put a big charger on it at 2 amps and after 20 seconds it began to click like a cat purring for about 4 seconds
and the pause for one second and then click for 4 seconds
what the heck is going on, could not get into glove box, electric is dead,
that is where the manual is
and had to use the key in the rear and the door pull.

Do I try a smaller battery charger tomorrow?

Jeff the lonely and cold
You have to keep the car hooked up to the OEM battery maintainer (plugs in in the trunk) all the time when not in use. I left mine for 2 weeks and had to charge battery. Asked dealer about losing charge so quickly and was told that theses cars have 2 CPUs that draw power all the time - told me to keep plugged in all the time, which I do now.

Not sure why mine doesn't draw down like the rest of the cars seem to be. Last winter went 26 days without the tender while I was in CR. This summer went 39 days without the tender while we were travelling. Rolled over fine and started immediately after I got homeboth times. Keeping the VetteCave at 5 degrees probably helps in the winter but 39 days this summer doesn't support "losing charge quickly".... My C6 on the other hand would only last three weeks before it wouldnt start the car.

You have to keep the car hooked up to the OEM battery maintainer (plugs in in the trunk) all the time when not in use. I left mine for 2 weeks and had to charge battery. Asked dealer about losing charge so quickly and was told that theses cars have 2 CPUs that draw power all the time - told me to keep plugged in all the time, which I do now.
Yup .... exactly and especially in the cool weather (it may drain power even quicker when cold and any freeze would pretty much have the worst of result). So a Brand Name digital maintainer of many sort would be the “smartest” for your monthly electricity bill. Then lock with your remote (C7) and your corvette is protected.
My years of losing batteries have always come when it’s cold. My Boat Lift Battery took about a month to go to 60% strength when in my unheated garage .... it takes 6 months in the storage room in the basement to get to 60% .... and I’m actually maintaining it back up to 100% as we speak (photo below) .... Corvettes are happy and plugged in all the time ... just said “hi” to them today ☹️ and that’s all ... wishing my garage was heated as that would definitely help and had a big screen too 😂 as I don’t have the extra space for a “live band” like @Rruuff Day has ...
C8BD679E-0CD2-4ABA-855B-1403A60CF4BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread