I think we need to cut the dealers some slack.
If you remember two years back GM put a lot of money into the BG plant and said
it would allow them produce double the MY2019 production in MY 2020.
Dealers accordingly thought their allocations would be double and for that reason
took deposits for more cars than the 2019 allotment they had.
Then there was the GM labour negotiations shutdown and Covid 19 which prevented production
in the numbers that had been planned.
I think the dealers were relying on the information they had at the time they were writing the orders.
Then poof it all changed for the worst and we are where we are.

Dealers accordingly thought their allocations would be double and for that reason
Then there was the GM labour negotiations shutdown and Covid 19 which prevented production
I think the dealers were relying on the information they had at the time they were writing the orders.
That's not an excuse for a dealer not providing its customers with the information that allows them to make an informed decision on whether to give a dealer a deposit. Look at Andrew Spencer, very refreshing on the information he has provided this Forum. Other dealers should learn from him.

This whole debacle of C8's and the ordering process has made many frustrated. Throw in the strike and Pandemic...BAM!

Good to see clarity from the likes of Bill Spencer Chevrolet as it's reassuring that a large dealer can provide insight for those waiting.
That’s exactly why I moved my order to Bill Spencer. They tell the whole truth and not lead you down the garden path like my previous dealer did. That dealer told me I would get my C8 in May 2021 however he didn’t tell me his allocation was 6 and I was 10 on his list. Do the math...no way I was getting a 2021. A good dealer is honest and provides the facts like Andrew Spencer does. That’s why he has my order now. Being able to trust your dealer is important to me.

Reactions: ABC
We all know the dealers took a beating and 2020 is like 1929 to them. However a little more up front answers to the customers would cause a lot less paranoia and give then the information on weather to back out or wait it out .l get a little pissed when l see someone who gave their deposit 5 days before me at a different dealer get there car and l am told next spring before l get mine. Sure maybe l should have done a little more investigating but l went to the largest volume dealer . lts upsetting when you ask your dealer when and they turn green like you are asking them to lend you a G note. l was givin my spot on the list but have no idea how many have been delivered it would be very nice to be informed by them instead of having to go hat in hand.

Reactions: ABC
We all know the dealers took a beating and 2020 is like 1929 to them. However a little more up front answers to the customers would cause a lot less paranoia and give then the information on weather to back out or wait it out .l get a little pissed when l see someone who gave their deposit 5 days before me at a different dealer get there car and l am told next spring before l get mine. Sure maybe l should have done a little more investigating but l went to the largest volume dealer . lts upsetting when you ask your dealer when and they turn green like you are asking them to lend you a G note. l was givin my spot on the list but have no idea how many have been delivered it would be very nice to be informed by them instead of having to go hat in hand.

I agree with you Mark. When I first went shopping for my C8 In December 2019, I contacted every dealer in Alberta who carries the Corvette brand. I was told a lot of bullshit by about half of them however the other half were honest about my likelihood of obtaining a C8. Lakewood Chevrolet in Edmonton told me that they were quite confident they would get additional allocations. They also told me that I was first up for their next allocation. I took the chance with them. Deposit in Jan or Feb 2020, I can’t remember which, and my car is produced and awaiting shipment. Props to those honest dealers out there especially Lakewood Chevrolet.

Reactions: ABC and Gilles27
That's not an excuse for a dealer not providing its customers with the information that allows them to make an informed decision on whether to give a dealer a deposit. Look at Andrew Spencer, very refreshing on the information he has provided this Forum. Other dealers should learn from him.
I agree totally, there is no excuse for the dealers that don't explain where a buyer stands in their allocations.
The C8 seems to have attracted some buyers who didn't understand the process and the dealer didn't take the
time to explain it to them.

What is that old saying don't count your chickens before they have hatched, or don't sell way over your allotment unless you know something that even god don't . All l have to say is that l better be in the same numerical order for the overflow that l was for the 2020 lineup.

I am taking this for what its worth but I just got an updated TPW from GM chat and it changed from Sept 28 to Aug 17, unfortunately that could go in the other direction in one to two weeks.

That is comforting to know your date moved up. My TPW is Oct 19th, I would love to see that come in at least a month so I don’t have to drive it home and immediately store it for the winter.

DAM! I just jinxed it!!!

Due to a temporary parts supply issue, we can confirm that Bowling Green Assembly will be down on Thursday (Oct. 7) and Friday (Oct. 8). Our supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams are working closely with our supply base to mitigate any further impacts on production, and we expect the plant to resume normal operations on Monday, Oct. 11.

As always, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email directly. Have a great day and stay safe!

Thank you,

General Motors
Chevrolet Corvette Concierge
Global Connected Customer Experience

100 Renaissance Center | Detroit, MI 48265
E: [email protected]
c9c00dc9-1b06-4571-a6a2-fc39bbf38ed2

Murray the dates are wrong in this response. Is someone playing with you?

As of last Tuesday my TPW is October 26. How long can I expect it to take to ship it my dealer in Toronto?

Update:
In August 2019 I was told while visiting Detroit that orders were going to be batch processed for MY 2020. I ordered on September 28 last year. In early August this year I heard that my TPW was no longer October 26 it was now August 24. Built on August 28 it arrived in Toronto on September 7 and delivered to a very happy customer on September 12.

Reactions: Murray20c8
There are a few people from the Big Three who are active members of this site and they know what is going on and in subtle ways give us info. Read between the lines people and se what l see .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.