I apologize for the sidetrack on this thread, and get back to the point, which I should have started with.

Do not disconnect your fuel pump. Do not pull any fuses. In fact, don't worry about the oil pressure from startup. The fuel will be the initial lubricant for the top of the cylinders, and although you don't want it to be excessive, it is not a concern in a modern direct-injected engine. As long as it starts right away, it will be fine. You can watch your oil pressure gauge and of course listen for noise, but the most important thing is just to not touch the gas pedal, and don't crank for more than 10 seconds at a time, with at least a 30 second pause between tries. Not that you should ever get to this point. If it doesn't start within five seconds, something is wrong. After all, this is a Chevy not a Dodge (or Ford, insert appropriate insult here).

Last edited:
.....not sure what bluetooth is or do I have a phone. But I have a portable frequency counter so does that mean I can sit across the street from someone wait till he opens his garage door so that I can grab his door frequency, then wait for him to drive away in his gadget steered car and grab its frequency if it is transmitting one, then I can come back next day pop open his door after programming my remote and when I see him driving I can have some fun steering his car ?

dah dee dah, dit dit dit, dah dee dah!

The direct answer is no, but you are not that far off. Can your frequency counter read 6-14GHz, and respond back at 6000mb/s?

dah dee dah, dit dit dit, dah dee dah!

The direct answer is no, but you are not that far off. Can your frequency counter read 6-14GHz, and respond back at 6000mb/s?

.....actually not sure its range, would have to look it up, but I was using it for tuning VHF radios , sure came in handy when a guy didn't know his ch, got him to press the mic so I got his number, then I programmed a mobile radio I hacked by punching the numbers on keypad and could talk to him on his private ch. Now I really derailed this thread....mods where are you ? delete move dock me coins !!

......I can probably guarentee I won't sit in a newer one as they just don't do anything for me. In fact last few days I been on the phone trying to see if I can trade my 93 off on a truck and no dealer wants it. I think I'll just throw it in a sea can and lock the door and forget about it.....:bigyawn:......
I am sure ,if you advertise it , you could sell it..Dealers don't want anything older...

......I can probably guarentee I won't sit in a newer one as they just don't do anything for me. In fact last few days I been on the phone trying to see if I can trade my 93 off on a truck and no dealer wants it. I think I'll just throw it in a sea can and lock the door and forget about it.....:bigyawn:......

Michael. We had a member looking for a C4 back in November... If you're serious about getting rid of it, maybe see if he found one. here's a link to the post

Wanted c4 under 8g

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.