Looking good Al. Obviously I'm not the only one who seldom uses the man door. I have our snowshoes and poles leaning up against mine at the moment. Lol.... As for your social distancing mare, I believe the ears laying back are her signal for you to approach from behind.... :angelic:
She likely wouldn’t kick but she has been known to “nibble”.

To break a habit is much more difficult then to form a habit. Generally speaking, lots of bad habits out there that will require modification (not mods). We're all going to live in a different world, when/if this is all said and done. Hopefully we will respect each other and value lives. My grandparents lived through two world wars, lost their children and most of their family, were imprisoned, lost homes and were able to rebuild their lives. Arrogance and complacency has no place in a civilized society. We are better then that. Stay well.

Last edited:
I got back from a quick errand run, mostly for my cat. It was surreal.

First stop: Petro Canada. It was BUSY and I stepped up to 94 and it still cost me $30 for half a tank.

Second stop: Paulmac's for some litter, treats, and cat weed. Limit to 2 customers inside the store at one time (with 7 people on staff and it's a pretty big store for the size of the town). One person was even on door duty, using the handicap assistance to open the door for people so no one would touch the door handle. There was tape on the floor EVERYWHERE, marking off 6-foot sections down the isles., signs saying "wait here for an open cash" and all sorts of things. Everyone was taking it well except for one guy who showed up just before I walked in. He was all like, "Come on!" People like this are why Ontario is working towards a complete lock-down.

Third stop: Vet. My cat needs prescription food for bladder crystals. Had to call ahead and pay over the phone with credit, then when you arrive, you call and they'll bring it out to you. The person who brought it out to me was a little extreme, putting the bag on the ground, telling me to stay back, and reached out as far as she could, head back and eyes closed while handing me the case of canned food.

Like, you can't make this s**t up.

First stop: Petro Canada. It was BUSY and I stepped up to 94 and it still cost me $30 for half a tank.

Second stop: Paulmac's for some litter, treats, and cat weed. Limit to 2 customers inside the store at one time (with 7 people on staff and it's a pretty big store for the size of the town). One person was even on door duty, using the handicap assistance to open the door for people so no one would touch the door handle. There was tape on the floor EVERYWHERE, marking off 6-foot sections down the isles., signs saying "wait here for an open cash" and all sorts of things. Everyone was taking it well except for one guy who showed up just before I walked in. He was all like, "Come on!" People like this are why Ontario is working towards a complete lock-down.

Third stop: Vet. My cat needs prescription food for bladder crystals. Had to call ahead and pay over the phone with credit, then when you arrive, you call and they'll bring it out to you. The person who brought it out to me was a little extreme, putting the bag on the ground, telling me to stay back, and reached out as far as she could, head back and eyes closed while handing me the case of canned food.

Most people are being very careful. Understandably.

Ha... Amazing.

That reminds me of a documentary I watched about China during the lockdown. Their uber eats equivalent service would arrive, step away from the vehicle/bike so you can pick it up yourself. The receipt would have the body temperature of the person who prepared your food, the person who handled your food as well as the person who delivered your food.

Coming to an Uber eats near you soon.....

Reactions: ddgermann
Well, the construction site where I work shut down today, so as of now, I have no work, who knows for how long. So since late last week I have been picking up some things before my maintenance regime begins, everything from caliper paint, to gear oil, to trans fluid, to brake fluid and then some. As soon as the 25-40cm of snow that we are getting Tuesday night into Wednesday :Banghead::Banghead::Banghead:, has melted enough to get the car out of the corner of the garage and move it to the center, I should have enough projects to get me through social distancing for a few weeks. Come on Spring.

1585012336451.png

A big thanks to the OP and to all the responses/reactions that the original post generated..... makes for an interesting read indeed. Quite the very varied responses and reactions to what the world is going through and how we all react and think about this pandemic. S for me, I choose to try and do my best to stay within the suggested social distancing parameters but am not denying myself outdoor excursions. But most importantly, insurance goes on the car at the end of the week. We have very decent weather and cheap gas, vrooom vrooom ....... I hope that no adverse hardships hits any of you, your family or friends. And lets hope that over the next 3-6 mos the world gets a handle on this S*** and we all get back to "normal".....

Wow. So you'd be ok if most of your family and family parishes from this virus or even you do?

It's been estimated, depending on how we react to it, this virus can infect 20-70% of the work population in a matter of months. With a mortality rate of 4.3% (current global rate), we're talking about 67,000,000 to 232,000,000 dead. In Canada alone, that's upwards of 1,100,000 people. That's the entire population of Hamilton and Kitchener combined!

And you're ok with this, compared to you not having any more money?
Check out Pandemic series on Netflix to get a great understanding of this and how they knew this was inevitable and the people that have been working on this for years. 6 x 40 min episodes

Stay Safe

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread