There’s not a lot of cool stuff I like that is made in Canada. When there is, I will always consider it for sure. When it comes to consumables ... most definitely Canada made ... like dairy. I would like to see multiile tiers of GST. 5% on matetial goods with the stuff we have now and it being reduced to 2% for blended products of Canada and another country (as in imported raw materials making a product)... and exempt on 100% true Canadian Made products. This way we know exactly what we are buying and benefit us when we support our own. I know it’s a lot of work for the feds to facilitate but that’s where our money should be going first. Besides ... hotel bills break out numerous taxes and levies so it should be too hard. Services I guess will just have to stay at a single rate. Just my thought and a heck of a lot easier knowing when we are actually buying 100% Canadian Made.
Wow I just like the quality of weather tech.

There’s not a lot of cool stuff I like that is made in Canada. When there is, I will always consider it for sure. When it comes to consumables ... most definitely Canada made ... like dairy. .
I see you like to milk the system SN! LOL
Same with me seeing I am in QC with supply management big time in dairy here.
Checked out Weathertech. I commend them for trying to source/manufacture their products in the US of A.
Their only affiliation with Canada is a depot on Burlington ON. So you may receive it from Canada but it is definitely a US product (maybe).

I see you like to milk the system SN! LOL
Same with me seeing I am in QC with supply management big time in dairy here.
Checked out Weathertech. I commend them for trying to source/manufacture their products in the US of A.
Their only affiliation with Canada is a depot on Burlington ON. So you may receive it from Canada but it is definitely a US product (maybe).

All my vehicles have weather tech. I don’t like the maple leaf on their packaging if implying something that it’s not. It would be nice knowing when we are buying into it. No system milking intended ... just upfront point of purchase knowledge no different from knowing where your money is going as soon as you punch in your credit card PIN number ... sorry nothing about making Canada great again ... for that my thought leans toward pipes for oil before pot (a different topic). 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
All my vehicles have weather tech. Canadian or not doesn’t matter. I don’t like the maple leaf on their packaging if implying something that it’s not.
As soon as you go to the website it asks language Canadian English or French. Once you choose its states American made.

Anyway , bottom line good quality products. And remember nothing wrong with Americans USA. just the Potus and his cronies

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    702.4 KB · Views: 17
As soon as you go to the website it asks language Canadian English or French. Once you choose its states American made.

Anyway , bottom line good quality products. And remember nothing wrong with Americans USA. just the Potus and his cronies
Said nothing against good quality products ... just the implication of making Canada great again ... and really knowing when it’s true and not true without reading fine print. That gst at the point of purchase could be used to tell us right away regardless of packaging or website bedazzles. Agreed great product ... I will continue buying it ... but the packaging maybe a tad bit deceptive ... 🤔
ABB8972E-CF56-4A61-820B-5E4837BBB2B6.png

Last edited:
  • Agree
Said nothing against good quality products ... just the implication of making Canada great again ... and really knowing when it’s true and not true without reading fine print. That gst at the point of purchase could be used to tell us right away regardless of packaging or website bedazzles. Agreed great product ... I will continue buying it ... but the packaging maybe a tad bit deceptive ... 🤔
View attachment 20514
True they have the flag on the box as it’s weathertech Canada. I guess it could be misleading to some.

Both my vettes have weather tech ... floor and cargo. Nobody knows they are there but I sure do.
The Corvettes are Parked lake front at an Alberta beach cottage and those mats are an absolute saviour against sand which is only made more complex when it rains.
Beach life includes a run to the local “food chain” too so the back cargo mat has had us protected against a few leaky mishaps.

I haven’t seen the weather tech mats for the corvette. Somebody have a pic of them in the car?
Thank you👍🏻 Allowed for an awesome reason to lift the cover to “visit” my car.
You will love the cargo mat for your “Home Depot runs” @ddgermann as the edges raise up on the sides.
A4877EE3-9602-4702-B07B-78B3CF1B6C7A.jpeg27D045DA-272B-429C-B2D5-B5A8E945E62D.jpeg
They are another item to detail at a show and shine ... being very careful not to clean with anything that will make them for like skating on an ice rink. 😂
You must also remove and not have any other mat underneath a weathertech ... they are made to snap in.

Reactions: Darren
Within the last week, I bought an outdoor cover. The gm Z06, grey. Best place to buy online that I could find was:

BuyGMParts.ca
AxeZ06, where in creation did you manage to find that cover on the buygmparts dot ca website. Ever since I saw your post a couple of weeks ago I've been looking for a cover from them for my '19 C7 Stingray, I'm finding when I try to search, it wants to call up only "GMC" models, so I do a workaround and manage to specify a 2017 Corvette Stingray, but searching for "cover", "car cover", "indoor cover" and every other permutation I can think of comes up with 300 to 500 results on each search. Ever try to sift through 300 to 500 listings over 30 to 45 pages? It guarantees a blood pressure spike LOL.

I guess I'm having trouble with their website, but I've tried using both IE and Firefox with the same results.

Any chance you could PM me a direct link?

Late Life Crisis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.