SockGuy

Casual User
Jun 5, 2018
Brussels Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2018 GS Rag Top 3LT
Unfortunately will need to store my 2018 GS convertible for a few months over the winter. Have been searching online for an indoor cover. Most come out of the US, any suggestions from within Canada?

Unfortunately will need to store my 2018 GS convertible for a few months over the winter. Have been searching online for an indoor cover. Most come out of the US, any suggestions from within Canada?

I have the factory one. Fits like a glove and has a “FRONT” tag. 😂
Wasn’t much of a decision on what I was putting on a 130k car. Not the time to cheap out IMHO. 👍

Have GM Accessory Indoor and an Outdoor covers for each C7 … I am glad I have them.
Better than the any after market crap I've had for my other cars in the past for not blowing off the car or flapping in the wind.

I have the outdoor covers for at our family cottage where there’s no shelter,
a few trees that drop some sticky crap and an annoying squirrel practicing to be a bombardier with pine cones 😡

Last edited:
Reactions: SockGuy
These are great covers, fit like a glove and are super soft. Corvette Depot sells tgem

Attachments

• 27176401-400x400fit-width.jpg
    27176401-400x400fit-width.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 27176420-700x700h.jpg
    27176420-700x700h.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: SockGuy
Bought my inside cover from GM dealer
They gave me a cut as the car was new.
Don't use outside as I have a garage. If I am on the road then I have not seen the need to cover up.

Bought my inside cover from GM dealer
They gave me a cut as the car was new.
Don't use outside as I have a garage. If I am on the road then I have not seen the need to cover up.
Thanks. I am only looking for indoor as well. It parks in my garage all summer, just wanting to cover indoors over the winter while in secure storage away from home

Reactions: ddgermann
Yes its a very good idea to cover the car in storage. It's remarkable how much dust and debris gets on the cover over the winter. Mine sits in a garage with no traffic in and out for months and a surprising amount of gets dust on it. I also cover the car in the Garage at the house when it sits for only a couple of days even. With a black car it is really noticeable.
The GM covers are my choice and can be purchased online as Axe points out, or from the dealer. Richard made a great point that you should be getting a smoking deal from your dealer as it's in their best interest to look after you. My dealer gives me "Family Pricing" on all my Corvette stuff which adds up to some substantial savings.
Rick's cover looks great as well and seems to fit very nicely.
Personally, I liked the convenience of just going and picking the thing up rather than waiting for shipping.
:)

Yes its a very good idea to cover the car in storage. It's remarkable how much dust and debris gets on the cover over the winter. Mine sits in a garage with no traffic in and out for months and a surprising amount of gets dust on it. I also cover the car in the Garage at the house when it sits for only a couple of days even. With a black car it is really noticeable.
The GM covers are my choice and can be purchased online as Axe points out, or from the dealer. Richard made a great point that you should be getting a smoking deal from your dealer as it's in their best interest to look after you. My dealer gives me "Family Pricing" on all my Corvette stuff which adds up to some substantial savings.
Rick's cover looks great as well and seems to fit very nicely.
Personally, I liked the convenience of just going and picking the thing up rather than waiting for shipping.
:)
Love Black cars, considered it when purchasing, but knew it would drive me crazy trying to keep it clean. Chose white instead as it’s a little more forgiving, but still needs washed after every drive. As for my dealer, he has been promising me a jacket since April, still no sign of it so doubtful a good deal on a cover. Live and learn as they say.

Reactions: YFCvii
Love Black cars, considered it when purchasing, but knew it would drive me crazy trying to keep it clean. Chose white instead as it’s a little more forgiving, but still needs washed after every drive. As for my dealer, he has been promising me a jacket since April, still no sign of it so doubtful a good deal on a cover. Live and learn as they say.

Yes black is a bit more work to keep looking clean for sure. I’m willing to put the time in so far so overall I’m pleased with it. White is a great colour on a corvette too. The vents and things really pop out well with white.

Sounds like you need to look elsewhere next time when getting a new car. Hopefully the service department treats you better. If not perhaps time to start a new relationship at a more customer focused dealership.

Sad we are already talking about winter storage for the cars but welcome to Canada. (Unless you are @flyboy999 ) 😂

Reactions: flyboy999
I agree with Derek, as I negotiated covers with my purchases ... magically one cover was in the back on delivery and the other was set up
at wholesale pricing at the parts desk - essentially two covers for the price of one (no shipping) - happy happy.
(as I did need that outdoor one - damn squirrels & sh!t hawks ... but it is the lake cottage so I cannot complain too much).

So aim as close as you can to that price you see at that online link above ... that is just a bit under what my dealership
wholesale price was 12 months ago.
So it's probably a tad bit more now but should balance out with any shipping costs and worry when ordering online. :thumbs:

... don't know specifics of this actual cover however ... just noticed it ...
appears to be close to the same price brand new except in US$ (which means 35% more + shipping & import too)
as this is CAN$ with shipping included ... much much less if the GM accessory option is way off the budget target.

For Sale: - C7 stretch indoor cover...new

Last edited:
I have a an indoor cover for show plus an outdoor cover I bought from Corvette central. This year I may use the outdoor cover on the car for winter storage in the garage. It has more protection against bumps or scraps. Or maybe the tight one.
Big decisions.

There’s not a lot of cool stuff I like that is made in Canada. When there is, I will always consider it for sure. When it comes to consumables ... most definitely Canada made ... like dairy. I would like to see multiile tiers of GST. 5% on matetial goods with the stuff we have now and it being reduced to 2% for blended products of Canada and another country (as in imported raw materials making a product)... and exempt on 100% true Canadian Made products. This way we know exactly what we are buying and benefit us when we support our own. I know it’s a lot of work for the feds to facilitate but that’s where our money should be going first. Besides ... hotel bills break out numerous taxes and levies so it should be too hard. Services I guess will just have to stay at a single rate. Just my thought and a heck of a lot easier knowing when we are actually buying 100% Canadian Made.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.